Say NO to a mosque at Ground Zero!!

by Scully 108 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Bingo. But of course, that would only be insulting to Jews and who would care?

Except that it's not like that at all.

It's called a 'two way street'. If this group of Muslims are so insistant on building their mosques in a Christian country

Except that this isn't "Christian" country. Or a democracy.

Their religion and culture is run not on the idea of Democracy, but on Theocracy----a term I think we're all too familiar with.

According to you, so is THIS country, except that it's not.

• Mary
    Mary
    Except that it's not like that at all.

Really? What's the difference?

Except that this isn't "Christian" country. Or a democracy.

For the moment, yes it most certainly is.

According to you, so is THIS country, except that it's not.

What a dumb-assed comment. The USA and Canada are both Democratic societies. That's why we tolerate other religions being allowed in. Islamic countries do not acknowledge other religions and they openly acknowledge that they are run by "theocracy". As ex-Witnesses, we are all too familiar with a society that is (supposedly) 'run by God' through the assholes who claim they have a special relationship with him and run things accordingly.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

I agree notverylikely - it is better to say countries in the West are trying to be a democracy because although they may call themselves (and each other) democracies there are lots of aspects that are very undemocratic. So I think its safer to say that there is an ideal of democracy and that this is being reached for.

On this reasoning, imo, there is a possibility that the east beat the west to it

A tortoise and hare scenario is what I'm thinking.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Really? What's the difference?

One is a loose affiliation of fanatics with stated racial purity goals and sometimes with genocidal goals. To become a member, you MUST susbribe to these fanatical ideals and goals. The other is a religion of mostly peaceful people with SOME fanatics that use the religion as an excuse to murder and oppress.

For the moment, yes it most certainly is.

Really? I am not a Christian and I live here. Can you show me in the Constitution where there was a state religion established? Oh, that's right....you can't because this country doesn't have a national religion....oops.

What a dumb-assed comment. The USA and Canada are both Democratic societies.

Except that the dumbass is you. The US is a representative republic. Remember the pledge... "and to the REPUBLIC for which it stands." The constituion says "The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government". John Adams...""Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts and murders itself. There was never a democracy yet that did not commit suicide." Ben Franklin (master of dickjitsu).. ." When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic."

Your lack of knowledge has been rectified. If you continue to believe the US was founded as a democracy, you are will willfully stupid.

That's why we tolerate other religions being allowed in.

Or the first amendment..."Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

• Mary
    Mary

Tell you what notverylikely: you think living under an Islamic regime is no different than living under a Christian----oh sorry, I mean under the American Constitution, then why don't you pack up your sorry ass and move to say.....Iran, or Saudi Arabia, or Pakistan, or Malaysia, and try opening up a Christian Church and see how long your life lasts.

People like you are moronic. You bleet about political correctness and try proping up disgusting cults like Islam, yet you hypocritically wouldn't be caught dead actually living under their tyranny. You have no problem whatsoever in (correctly) denouncing the WTS as a cult, but refuse to acknowlege that Islam is just as bad, if not worse, than the religion we left behind.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Notverylikely:

You're wasting your time with Mary. If you perform a review of the threads she has commented on, you will see a clear patter of hysterical Islamophobia. I think she was a pioneer when she was a JW, and she has just found a new religion to demonize.

She groups all Muslims into one category and they're ALL women-hating, suicide bombers, which of course is like a Muslim grouping all Christians into the same category as JWs and saying...for example.. that "Christians" don't take blood.

She claims to have taken classes on Islam, but she uses none of the correct jargon, does not differentiate between sects, their beliefs, their origins, or most importantly, their effects on society. If she took those classes, I think she slept through them. :)

She claims she works at a university (clerical?), but she sure wouldn't want her employers to see her posts here!

...Mary talking about Islam....ROTGLMAO

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I invite anyone to build a non-Islamic religious building in Saudi Arabia.

BTS

• Mary
    Mary

Sorry Justita, if the truth about Islam offends you. I've made no secret that I can't stand their religion or their culture. Yes, there are moderate Muslims and I have absolutely no problem with them, but unfortunately, their religion and culture is not run by moderates.

Like I've already said: You have no problem categorizing the WTS as a cult, yet you suddenly are blinded when it comes to Islam. Oh I forgot: you know lots of Muslims who smile indulgently at the thought of any Westerners trying to understand the Koran. Doesn't seem too far removed from the Organization, does it?

BTS said: I invite anyone to build a non-Islamic religious building in Saudi Arabia.

Oh, but BTS, it's soooo much easier for them to defend Islam when they don't actually have to live under the bullshit Islamic regime! Having to put their money where their mouth is, is not something they are apparently willing to do.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

SEE!! Mary is STILL preaching "THE TRUTH." :)

In response to building a church in Saudi...

you can’t build a church is Saudi. You see…the Arabian Peninsula was home to this little, deviant Muslim sect called the Wahabi’s. They thought they were the ONLY ones who practice Islam correctly (visualize JWs), and they called their Muslim brothers apostate. They even destroyed the tombs of the prophets in Mecca (except for Mohammed’s), because they thought other Muslims might be praying to them. AND they attacked and killed those other Muslims..because they were apostates.

So…the Ottoman’s stepped in and stopped them, but the the Ottoman Empire fell to the West, and then things got off track. This guy Saud wanted to unite the tribes to establish his kingdom . So he promised the Wahabi’s that if they violently cleansed the area and helped him, they would be THE national religion…and they are. The British/US (oil) supported Saud and didn’t really care how he got/kept power as long as they had access to the oil. The British and US reasoned who CARES about the Wahabi’s and the autocratic King Saud…we just want to oil…what can they ever do to us…

Osama Bin Laden is Wahabi. It sure would have been nice if the Ottoman’s (Turkey) had been allowed to stay in power…

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

Justitia:

Have you read "Cruel and Usual Punishment" by Nonie Darwish?

Islam has degraded every country it has entered into. Read about Sharia Law.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit