THIS GENERATION - again! Who belongs to "This Generation"?

by Titus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Titus
    Titus

What about Dan Sydlik and Henschel Milton, for example?

They were born in 1919 and 1920 (after 1914), and both died before the "great tribulation".

THE DEFINITION OF WT SAYS:

Jesus evidently meant that the lives of the anointed ones who were on hand when the sign began to be evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of the other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation. We do not know the exact length of "this generation," but it includes these two groups whose lives overlap.

So, are Dan Sydlik and Henschel Milton part of "this generation"?

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Yes. They fit the WTs new description.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

I think that pretty much anybody born before Fred Franz died in 1992 and is annointed can be part of the generation.

• teel
    teel

In practice anyone living at any given time after 1914 can be part of "This Generation" for as long as the sect is alive. They will redefine the word "generation" over and over to fit better, that's all.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

The current understanding though, as I understood it from the convention, is that "this generation" refers to those anointed ones who will see the great tribulation lives overlap with those who were able to discern the sign in 1914, like Fred Franz, who died in 1992, so anybody annointed before Fred Franz died would be a part of the generation that will not pass away.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It's like they are claiming that because my son was born a few weeks before my grandfather died, that they are contemporaries and, therefore, the same generation. except ......... they are not claiming that.

They are claiming that the generation of anointed that overlapped the generation of anointed that saw 1914 are "This Generation".

So the generation that saw 1914 was not the "This Generation" that Jesus was talking about, as they were not the generation that would see the Great Tribulation.

So when I said "yes", I was wrong. Dan Sydlik and Henschel Milton don't fit into the new generation doctrine at all. They didn't see 1914 and they didn't survive until the Great Tribulation.

Have I got it right yet????

Cheers

Chris

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

No. I haven't got it right yet.

We do not know the exact length of "this generation," but it includes these two groups whose lives overlap.

Ask a Jo Ho Ho Ho Witness to explain it to you..... and make sure they get it right.....

• poppers
    poppers

What's really and truly "evident" is that the borg can determine whatever definitions best suit their purpose and people will just swallow it whole. Pretty sad that people let a bunch of weasels control their lives.

• Caminante
    Caminante

"Dan Sydlik and Henschel Milton don't fit into the new generation doctrine at all. They didn't see 1914 and they didn't survive until the Great Tribulation."

Dan Sydlik and Milton Henschel are part of this generation, but they are not part of those who will be at hand at Armageddon. According to the current understanding, some of the annointed whose lives overlap with annointed who were at hand in 1914 will survive the great tribulation.

I'm not sure whether it's about annointed ones receiving their calling by 1992 or born before that date. Since according to w10 4/15 it's the "lives" that overlap (some translated editions don't use the word "lives", but "are contemporaries of"), it seems logical that babies born by 1992 and due to receive their heavenly calling in the future might be considered as making part of "this generation". I'll ask an elder to confirm.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

babies born by 1992 and due to receive their heavenly calling in the future might be considered as making part of "this generation"

In the future when necessary, perhaps, but not at this time, that is how they are insisting on the closeness and urgency. Those who "discerned" 1914 (ie Fred Franz) and those who's lives overlapped with his as anointed contemporaries, so they would have been anointed before he died in 1992.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit