Hard question

by dgp 33 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

If when we die, we have paid for our sins and are all going to heaven, what difference does it make? God gives us all free will -

And, I don't know that JWs are any more "worn out" than any other group of uneducated, low wage job earners. Things are tough out there. There are plenty of happy people in the organization, but there are plenty of people who are not. Many people drawn to religion, especially fundamentalist religion have a fundamentalist mindset to begin with, and are looking for "something", and are probably at the very least dissatisfied on some level if not out right unhappy.

True happiness is not circumstantial.

My 2 cents,

DS

• discoveringlife
    discoveringlife

This is something Iv'e been struggling with since I DA'd in february of this year. My mother was speaking to me during the whole DA process just fine. The a couple of weeks after she totally limited contact with me. I had told her my reasons before this, of why I did not believe in the Bible, thus the Organization. I gave her everything, the bad prophecies, sexual molestation cases against the watchtower that no one ever finds out about, the increasing number of partakers each year at the memorial, etc., She still believes and goes to ALL the meetings, goes out on service TWICE a week, etc. It hurts me that she is wasting her life. It hurts me more that she does not even speak to me like we used to talk, so I cannot continue to open her eyes. My brother still doesn't speak to me. This hurts like hell. I want to SCREAM at them and tell them that they are being foolish!!! I cannot do this though because it will make them adhere even more their ideas and see me as an evil apostate. It really is a bad situation. I guess I can only concentrate on my husband and kids. My husband is still a JW but I am sooooooooo getting him on my side. He has only been to the memorial and to a couple of meetings since I left. He will be going only one day to the district assembly which is GREAT!!!! He still has some emotional ties to the jw religion , but like I said I AM WORKING ON IT!!!!!!!!!! At least I have saved him it seems.

• nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

So glad to hear, DiscoveringLife!!

Hang in there, and keep it up!

• cantleave
    cantleave

DY - I am so pleased you have decided not to shun those with a different viewpoint to your own.

I would love some of my family, work colleagues and friends to leave, but hey! if they are happy let them be. If I detect any unhappiness or potential harm I try to point it out.

The thing that makes annoyed is the way they donate to a "charity" that does sod all for society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit