Outcast & Rejected

by Drewmeister 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• yknot
    yknot

And now your real healing can begin.

The mental and emotional taxation of the WTS can be heavy.

I think the more you walk away from the WTS and resume your normal life you will find your ME lessens.

A positive attitude and outlook are always good for any recovery!

Don't look back at the last 2 years as worthless...... you were seduced by a cult, lived to tell and grow stronger in the knowledge you have gained.

Keep talking about things until there is nothing left to talk about.....

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum Drewmiester.

My daughter has ME. There seems to be a high incidence of it among JWs in our area.

Congratulations for IDing them as a cult so soon. My father has been preaching doomsday for 71 years and still hasn't worked it out.

Cheers

Chris

• freeflyingfaerie
    freeflyingfaerie

yes, it is too much for us to live that lifestyle, it actually hurts

sorry you're having such a difficult time of it right now, no one knows truly how much a person can be suffering inside. it's so good that you listened to your gut and left.

the rejection is adding injury to insult....disagreeing w a person's choice to decide to no longer believe something they've been taught, and then shunning them (which also perpetuates the ignorance of the 'flock' by not being able to discuss other ideas w them)

I wish you the best in your healing..

Faerie

• talesin
    talesin

Welcome to the forum, Drewmiester.

Congratulations on recognizing the truth about the "Lie" sooner rather than later. Today is the first best day of the rest of your life.

Here's to FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!

tal

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome. You'll find friends here.

• palmtree67
  • EverSoGrateful
    EverSoGrateful

Welcome Drewmeister! You are among true friends here, so you can relax & be yourself! Let the healing begin! When I came to this board, I was very much afraid I was doing the wrong thing...... and come to find out, it's been one of my biggest blessings! We've all been where you are, being shunned, cast out as tho you are an empty tin can... not even worth picking up. HA! Boy that's some real Christian LOVE that they show huh? In time you will learn that they are only doing what they've been brainwashed to do... they are like robots. You my friend are Very Lucky that you didn't stay longer! Let me tell you of my experience over the weekend....

I used to be a JW... and I walked away about 6 years ago, and my sis is still in. Soooo.... recently my mom has taken up residence with my husband and I because of illness. Well, we had a garage sale this weekend & as I was putting things away, my sis and her husband pull up...they just came from "the meeting". My sis ran inside to give my mom something... said "Hey" to me as she wisked herself in to see our mom. Her husband "a wittness" stayed sitting IN THE CAR wsiting for her! He didn't get out to go in & see my mom, he didn't say hello, he just sat there like a bump on the log! If they only knew how silly they looked in trying so hard to avoid u...it's crazy! So you see.... I am just sooooo glad that I saw my way out of there, and I remain "EverSoGrateful Hang in the kiddo...we're all pullin for ya! Huggs n Love.... EverSoGrateful!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit