Outcast & Rejected

by Drewmeister 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• Drewmeister
    Drewmeister

Just wanted to interduce myself an give an quick synopsis.

I was a happy an healthy(ish) young man back in March 08. I was cornnered by a (didn't know it @ the time) JW who talked to me alot about "the truth" and why the world is like it is. He is a window cleaner in town, hence I didn't know as he wasn't in his suit. Everything he said made sense to me @ the time, but thinking back I wasn't @ my healthiest or strongest so he got me @ my weakest point. I enjoyed my first meeting (the memorial) and attended the next days Sunday meeting. I spent the next 18 months having a bible study, becoming a publisher then getting baptized and taking field service groups an doing talks on the podium. I was convinced beyond any doubt that it was "the truth", ish...

There were alot of things that I really didn't agree with or trully except. Such as the way they treat women (sisters) as below the brothers, being in subjection an such-like. Their out-look on gays, all other religions & anyone who isnt a jw. I understood and respected these to the extent that the bible shows, @ least their bible does, that these things are ment to be looked on this way. But many of the witnesses I knew had a very predudise outlook on others. Very judgmental an turned their noses up @ them alot. Just to name a few. I didn't deliberatly go out of my way to meet such people as it was their teaching th@ "bad associations spoil usfull habbits", I respected that, but didn't like the predudise attitude. I would has talked to people, old friends an such that were of such backgrounds.

That was just my thoughts but the fear I had of wanting to leave but couldn't stopped me saying anything. I didn't like the witness attitude, but as I were positive it was gods one true organization, I stayed and kept quiet. But many do th@. My silver lining if ye like was much more threttening on my life/health. After months of learning everything, I had no real life, it became all I knew. I lived for it, would has died for it. I was told to go out in all weathers knocking on doors, all hours. Study, not sleep. Was not allowed to has any me time, they constantly pump your life full of something to do/study so ye has no time for you or to do research on the WTBTS. I got ill. Months of tests an waiting an I were diognosed with M.E

Very horrible and extreamly debillitating. A long road that may never end. I am positive that it was triggered an fed by the witness "advice" of that I have just above stated. After which no one really cared. It went from "your so encouraging! keep going, your doing soo well!", to "he's just seaking attention/he don't have M.E he's just not eating right/your not even trying/can't be bothered".. It goes on an on. I last saw the majority of them on July 31st. Was a funeral gathering. Weeks, months past without anyone coming to see me, no calls, no text. Nothing. Most dissassociate themselves. They dissassociated me. I asked to be dissfellowshipped an was in October. The black (if looks could kill) I get when I sometimes see any of them about town! There are many scriptures that run through my head on a daily basis when I think of them, but two that stick out alot are "keeping an eye not on your personal interest upon just your own matters, but also in personal interests of those of the others". (Phill 2:4) Also (John 13:34,35) Jesus words, "I am giving you a new commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this, all will know that you are my disiples, if you have love among yourselves". It really makes me laugh thinking about it. That they could have lied to my face like that for all that time. As soon as I am no use coz they made me ill, they disgard me like i'm nothing.

I have recently purchased Raymond Franz - Crisis Of Conscience. Just past the halfway mark. I blame them as uncaring and nasty people who outcast me after I got ill, granted. But after reading the book, so far anyway, I don't blame them, any of them, for even pounding it into me what I can and cannot do. I blame the WTBTS, I blame the Govening Body. The people @ the top who knowingly lie and manipulate their members for their own personal ends. Its beyond shocking an sick, some of the things they have done, put people through. Now I know and feel so sorry for everyone in the church I knew, an the millions I didn't, because they are unknowingly being dooped by these unethical men, who claim an swear blind to be gods one true channel on earth. Its evil.

That's my brief story. I really hope to talk to an meet other ex-jws who have been hurt by the group. I feel so alone most of the time, forgotten by everyone who cared. They are told I am dangerous so they cut me off. They don't know it is the cult they are locked into is the one who is the dangerous one. I wish I could help them all. Gotten so ill I now cannot work an am housebound the majority of the time. Hence, I feel so alone.

Thanksyou for reading if anyone does, sorry if I bored ye any too.

I look forward to hearing from anyone out there who wants to chat/corraspond on here. Sorry for any bad spelling, one of the probs with M.E is ye brain don't work how it used to but most of the time ye just go with it.

TC all... Drewmeister...

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Hi and welcome.

It’s common factor for adult converts to become a JW at a time in their life when they are at their weakest. So don’t blame yourself for that, it happens a lot unfortunately.

Sorry you have ME. I know it’s a real affliction and how debilitating it is. I hope you gain some good friendships and support here.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Welcome to this forum. You get a break in that you don't have a bunch of family in the Witnesses that would now want to shun you. Just put those JW's behind you and live the life you were meant to live. I had to look up M.E.

M.E. stands for myalgic encephalomyelitis and is essentially the same thing as chronic fatigue syndrome.
    The causes of M.E. have yet to be fully established, but the main symptoms of the recently discovered illness are as follows:

- muscle and joint pain
    - sore throat
    - headaches
    - swollen glands
    - feeling tired despite having had a good night's sleep
    - lower levels of concentration
    - loss of short term memory

I am no doctor, but my layman's terms of understanding it is that it is likened to a physical condition very similar to depression. Being a JW wears one out, especially when they feel something isn't right. I know that's over-simplification.

Anyway, there are ex-JW's all over the place on this forum and many cities have an ex-JW meetup group at meetup.com.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

That M.E. reads to be some nasty stuff. I'm sure it aggravates your sensitivity to the Bozos who treat you badly. Just ignore them if possible and look for new and supportive friends.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hi Drewmeister and Welcome ! Its a good step you've taken joining here..I've not been on here for long but the support and encouragement as well as the info is excellent.

Just like you I developed ME/CFS back in 1993 and I'm not sure that it was simply the Org's pressure because my life was stressful too, and I also understand and believe that our immune system is under attack from a virus which doesnt leave our system. It certainly didnt and doesnt help to have so much pressure to 'keep going' and do more than you should or could when ME is around, and just makes everything much worse. I've had some very difficult years with the disease for sure. In the UK we're told that the prevalence of the disease in JWs is amazingly high.

OTWO it actually isn't like depression at all...its much more physical although it can cause depression because of the physical limitations...

On a positive note Drewmeister...I think its pretty fortunate that you only lost a couple of years of your life with the JWs as opposed to the decades many of us lost, so be thankful for that, thats not to say however, that you havent had the trauma of the whole experience and the sadness of abandonment as your health failed. Those thing are very significant and demoralising and you will now need to give yourself time to heal in many different ways. Its great that you're reading CofC, such a brilliant book. There's so much info available online about the Org and the damage it does, and being able to relate to some of it will help you as it has me.

Following my Disfellowshipping and more serious ill health I turned my life around in 2008 and despite losing my family and friends have rebuilt it with a lot of success. From being virtually housebound too in 2006-7 I have moved to a new area, remarried, and am just finishing my first year as a mature undergraduate. Life is good. Its true that with ME we always have to be conscious of our limits and must rest if possible before exhaustion but it does improve and become more manageable for the majority of sufferers. A major help will be that you are no longer under pressure to 'perform' via field service, meetings and study. Take time now to find a life that you can enjoy, and with friends who have unconditional love, and there will be some.

I wish you well, and if you need any advice re ME you are welcome to PM me anytime (I've become a master mind on it by now!)

Loz x

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Welcome to the forum here. I'm am sorry to hear about your condition. I hope you find friendships and support here, as many others have.

It seems that none of your family joined the WTS. That is surely a good thing. Many come here as JW's who have dozens of family members in, even all their immediate family. In order to leave, they really have to walk away from everything, and be shunned by everyone who loved them, and completely start over. Some on the forum have been shunned by parents and children for decades. It's very sad.

Others have spent a lifetime in this organization. Ray Franz, as you will see, spent almost 60 years i think as a Witness. My family spent 25 years in it. You will find that people have wasted thier ENTIRE lives chasing the WT fairy tales. So I am happy to hear that you have woken up after only a brief time.

Hang in there. Ray Franz also has a second book that is excellent as well. Best of luck to you!

-mentallyfree31-

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Welcome and thanks for the share Drewmeister!!

• Hadit
    Hadit

Welcome Drewmeister! I'm sorry to hear of all your troubles. You've come to the righ place to seek people who's lives have been damaged by the WTBTS! We all carry the bruises, hurt and pain. It is an evil organization.It's a terrible thing when stress affects your health. I believe you need to focus on yourself and try to get your health under control. There is a book I highly recommend that you read. I actually think this book would benefit many on this board as we ALL lose our individuality when we become part of the organization (or any other high control group). The book is When the Body Says No - The Cost of Hidden Stress by Gabor Mate, MD. When something happens in our life that starts to control us and we suppress our feelings then our body takes over to say no for us - a result is ME, arthritis, ALS, cancer, etc. It forces us to reevaluate our lives and to make drastic changes. There are many things you can do to get better.

I wish you all the best - you have lots of support on this board!

Hadit

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Hadit...good recommend... I will look for that book myself... Loz x

• Think About It
    Think About It

Drewmeister.......welcome to the forum. You did an excellent job in your write up. Hope you enjoy it here.

Think About It

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit