Honest Question..........

by thraxer68 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Best wishes and welcome from me too...I'm in a similar place to yourself...but have decided not to rush into anything ...God isnt going anywhere...

Loz x

• StAnn
    StAnn

Well, my two cents are that, if you really want to find God, pray and ask for guidance from the Holy Spirit. Keep asking and you'll be surprised what kinds of things you'll discover.

A book that might be helpful to you: Answering Jehovah's Witnesses by Jason Everts. You can find it on Amazon. Gives a good overall Christian/Catholic response to the JW teachings. He makes it very clear why JWs believe what they do and then gives very clear evidence as to why their beliefs do not coincide with Christianity. Knowing what Christians believe is very important when you've been taught a distortion all of your life as a JW.

Best of luck to you.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

You need to travel your spiritual path and be open to finding truths that resonate with you. Speak to people, do research, read and be open to all the experiences you will have.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

Its like I've run into differnt things that all contribute to my faith

awesome thraxer68

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Religion is man made, ALL relgion.

Of course thatmeans it well have SOME element of truth and MCUH element of, well, being just plain wrong.

Religon is man's attempt to underdstand and worship God, in all his many forms.

There is RIGHT in that and there is WRONG in that, but the key is the intent.

The issue has never really been religion persay, but the ORGANIZATIONS within any given religion, THEY are the cause of the mess of religion.

Whenever an organization is created and run by falliabel humans, it takes precedense of what it was created about, as history has shown us.

There was nothing "wrong" with the INTENT of Russell in creating the bib;e stsudents, studying the bible is not a bad thing.

WHY we study it and HOW we use it, that is the issue.

The puts itself ABOVE the word of God, and that is typical of what all other organizations ( withing a givne religion) do.

That makes them no better and at times, even worse, that the very things theypreach against and ask JW's to despise.

• thraxer68
    thraxer68

Wow, didnt think I'd get this many responses. Thanks again for all the suggestions, Im going to head down to my schools library today and research some things. I've also been watching videos of different debates and sermons and things. I guess thats been a problem for me too, I have been frantically trying to find "the truth", I guess it just doesnt work that way and trying to force it has just been nerve wracking. Thanks again everyone.

• streets76
    streets76

Yes, welcome.

Cut to the chase. There is no god and all sacred texts are hoaxes, so don't waste your time searching for something that doesn't exist.

Enjoy some wine, some good music, a good book, and the sexual partner of your choice. Copiously.

Enjoy your humanity.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

First of all, welcome to JWN!

@thrasher68:

I dont want to go out into the world and have sex or celebrate the holidays and stuff

@zombie dub:

you should, you'd like it

LOL!

@thrasher68:

I have been frantically trying to find "the truth", I guess it just doesnt work that way and trying to force it has just been nerve wracking.

Asking someone else for the "truth" is like asking who your soul mate is. No one is going to know that but you, and it takes time to find out these things.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome thraxer68!

There are plenty here who are following Christ and found life to the full.

John 10:10 (New Century Version)

10 A thief comes to steal and kill and destroy, but I came to give lifeā€”life in all its fullness.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Quandry
    Quandry

Welcome to the forum.

You said: I have been frantically trying to find "the truth", I guess it just doesnt work that way and trying to force it has just been nerve wracking.

I felt the same way when I left the WTS after more than 30 years. I have calmed down now.

I always remember what one wise poster said: "Better to have questions that I can't answer than answers that I can't question."

No, I don't have alot of answers either. I consider myself Christian, because of the wonderful teachings of Jesus. Humans cannot follow him perfectly. I know that. I do wish many would try harder, though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit