Honest Question..........

by thraxer68 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

I dont want to go out into the world and have sex or celebrate the holidays and stuff, this isnt a rebellion thing,.....thraxer68

Your not going to be able to wander around in the world and have sex whenever you want..

Unless you have a Credit Card..

You don`t have to celebrate anything either..Although you might want to,if you get lucky and have sex..

Did you bring any Beer?..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Welcome!

I'm currently in a similar place, I want to serve God and live according to His word as well. Doing research I've also found doctrinal issues I can't fully understand - blood, 1914, 607, and the new overlapping generation. So I started reading a different Bible translation and found that helpful. I actually feel like I have inner peace reading the Bible. Not sure what to make of that yet, but I've found comfort for now.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

My suggestion as a great first step on the road to getting to REALLY know God is to do an exhaustive search to find the locations of each of the original autograph manuscripts of each book of the Bible. Find out where they are stored (what church, museum, etc. has the documents) and how they were authenticated as original autograph manuscripts. From there you will know how to proceed in regard to the Bible and Christian faith.

• Earnest
    Earnest

Hi thraxer68, I joined this site about eight years ago for much the same reason, namely to find out what way of life others found to substitute or replace the faith they had practiced as JWs. I have to say in all this time there has been no single answer and, as far as I am concerned, no answer at all. Certainly there are many who have accepted and embraced other religions and life-styles but I have not found any of them convincing myself. I feel, quite frankly, that if I am going to pursue a biblical faith then it may as well be the witnesses as any other although I am not inclined to share their view of exclusivity. I strongly recommend you spend more time on this site learning and sharing as there is a lot of experience and insight which you could benefit from and most of the contributors have a JW background. While I have not reached my destination I have to say I have enjoyed the journey here and am sure you will too.

• grewupjw1969
    grewupjw1969

Just because you are no longer attending meetings does not mean that you will become loose, celebrate holidays and such. It just means you realize that the legalistic way is not for you. Try reading this site, it was helpful for me: www.ptm.org Plain Truth Ministries

Grewupjw

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Hi Thraxer 68,

Welcome to this site, There are many people on this site who are searching for answers just like you. There are also many people who are hurting right now because of the way they may have been treated by some of the so called shepherds of their halls. It is undersyandable wjy so many feel bitter at hwat has happened in the past. In some cases the elders have just been plain cruel.

My advice to you is to stick with it. Why do I say this; I faded for several years and searched the internet for something else, I found nothing else except confusion. I then came across a webite that has helped me to understand why there have been so many errors within the societies doctrine. It has helped me to put into perspective why the society have made so many mistakes (website at the end of this message).

You can still worship Jehovah with a whole heart and yet feel liberated from the incorrect doctrines of the society. You can do this by relying on the holy spirit to guide you in your thoughts . There are many, if not mostly honest sincere brothers and sisters in the truth today and are genuine loving Christians. But there are also some who claim to be Christian, yet act harshly with their brothers, thus dsiplaying hard heartedness with a view that they are actaully pleasing God. Sadly, as was the case with Gods people in the past, there are also those who elevate themselves above Gods people and have even began to rule ahead of their time. My advice to you is not to throw away your faith because of imperfect mens mistakes; but rather to put yout trust in God and never give up. Stick with the faith and use your discernment and Godly wisdom as to how you should walk. Read Gods word daily (1 chapter of the old testament and 1 chapter of the new testament, as well as prayer each day. I guarantee you will feel the holy sprit in your life if you do this and be wholehearted about it.

Dont allow imperfect mens mistakes to destroy your faith. Be patient and remain firm in your faith in Jehovah. One day all the errors we see today will be straightened out (that is a guarantee). Pray to Jehovah for holy spirit and seek guidance as to how you should walk (Be patient and remain firm).

Note : the following website I am highlighting has been a source of inspiration and encouragement to me personally. I hope you find it to be the same.

http://perimeno.ca/Index.htm

Your brother TE

• thraxer68
    thraxer68

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate all the advice. Yeah, I dont know, it just feels really complicated. I guess when I look at the things that have led me to believe in God and want to serve him, some of the strongest influences have been books and classes that were supposedly of Satan the Devil. I graduated from a private Christian college and in all honesty if I had to attribute the renewal of my faith to any "religion" I would owe it to the baptists. C.S. Lewis' Mere Christianity really turned me around too. I just look at what has helped me to want to be close to God and what hasnt and some of the most powerful things have been other religious ideas. Its like I've run into differnt things that all contribute to my faith. Things like preachers on tv, sermons on the radio, my college has an awesome library full of tons of religious works that I've made use of and all of these things collectively have contributed to the building of my faith.I've just found a relationship with God to be a lot less stressful and hostile and peaceful when you take the good from all religions instead of limiting yourself to one and assuming everything else in the world is entirely evil. However, this idea is totally contradictory to the information we receive from the society. It wasn't any talk I heard or any watchtower I read that made me want to have a relationship with God again, I think that has to say something, what tho, Im still not sure. Thanks for the advice tho everyone, keep it coming, im definitely open to anything

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Welcome. I think we all wish the Witnesses were less hostile to other religions and people who disagree with them. Maybe they want the certainty of being the only ones who have 'the truth'; whatever that is.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Thraxer said:

I've just found a relationship with God to be a lot less stressful and hostile and peaceful when you take the good from all religions instead of limiting yourself to one and assuming everything else in the world is entirely evil.

BINGO!!! Exactly! Yes, that is exactly the way I felt about it (and still do, far more comfortably and deeply now.)

However, this idea is totally contradictory to the information we receive from the society.

Bingo AGAIN!!! That, along with the failed prophecies and their LACK OF LOVE is beginning to make sense, isn't it?

You're doing GREAT. Keep listening to your heart and mind.

Love,
    Baba.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

You will find your God on the other side of guilt. The guilt is one of the hardest things to shed.

LD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit