How Many Shoes Do You Own? ( a la Minimus)

by snowbird 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    What, pray, are runners?

Running shoes. I'm too lazy to go to the gym these days, so I let Rocco have the shoes.

W

• undercover
    undercover

I didn't think I owned that many until I read some of ya'lls answers and then did a mental count and realized that I actually do own a lot of shoes.

3 pair dress shoes; 3 pair casual shoes for work - they go with jeans or khakis; 2 pairs of slip on loafers; 2 pairs of workboots; 2 pairs of cowboy boots; 2 pairs of motorcycle boots;

and then there's my summer wardrobe: 2 pairs of Tevas; 1 pair of Chacos; 1 pair of Keens; 1 pair of knock-off Keens; 1 pair of knock-off Tevas and my favorite broken-in Birkenstocks

and I bet I'm forgetting some that I haven't worn in awhile...

• snowbird
    snowbird

Thanks, FF.

LOL.

UnderCover, you're a hoot!

Sylvia

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

My Dad has a ton of shoes. Ol school pretty boy, more shoes than my Mother. More shoes than most women I think. He keeps them in the boxes, and my Sister's old bedroom is just full of shoe boxes and suits. Rockports, Bostonians, too many to keep up on. I keep telling him his man card is going to get revoked. Me personally, I'm starting to get bummy (I just don't care what people think of me anymore) in my older years but as it stands now, 3 pairs of Timbs, 2 pairs of Clarks, a pair of New Balances which need replaced, and some Adolfo dress shoes for meetings/assemblies/etc..

• ziddina
    ziddina

6 pairs of hiking boots - and three of those pairs have been re-soled once and are due for another set of soles, already...

16 pairs high boots...

24 pairs dressy shoes - most of which are a bit too small for me, now...

But I've got several books on how to MAKE my own shoes, and will eventually be tearing the old shoes apart for parts...

Zid shoe choices

• spawn
    spawn

Let me think, 1 pair trainers, 1 pair sandals, 7 pairs dress, 4 pairs of boots, 3 pairs of work boots and 3 pairs of casuals. Oh and 2 pairs I bought 5 years ago that are still in boxes.

Total: 21 pairs, not bad for someone who only uses had 3 pairs.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

An even number.....................

• AGuest
    AGuest

I used to have tons, dear Sylvie (peace to you!), but now only 9 that I wear. I was a bit vain about my feet and so had quite a few pairs of shoes. About 2 years ago, however, I fell down the stairs at my house. I was wearing heels and upon entering a room at the bottom of one flight turned my heel when I looked up at the GHASTLY hole a plumber was cutting into my laudryroom ceiling/wall while repairing a leak from the upstairs bathroom (that idjit completely ruined the crown moulding, cracked the plaster/wall... and left a HUGE gaping hole... because he got all "tool-time" with his sawsall!). I took a [very] nasty tumble down the next set (of stairs). I mean, laid flat out. Bruised myself all up. But... scared myself worse.

"Came down" off heels after that and only where them when absolutely necessary now (which is almost never!). Packed most of my shoes up (and yes, some of them were brand new, still in the box), took 'em to work and gave them away.

Now I have 4 pairs of boots (2 high, one low, one "cowboy"); 2 pairs of dress/work shoes; 2 pairs of "slides", and one pair of [very old but very COMFORTABLE] tennis shoes. But I don't miss the others; I can only wear one pair at a time anyway.

Anyway, 9 pairs that I regularly wear.

Peace, sistah!

Shel, on her own...

• peaches
    peaches

one pair tennis shoes,,,,one pair dress,,,two pair flip flops....compared to the used of you,,,,i am quite boring!!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

Stopped counting at 100. Why are you shoe lovers embarrassed? At any given time I have about 6 pairs in the car. I keep the off season shoes in the basement. I have so many because I find so many great bargains. One of my most proud is this cute pair of Prada platform high heeled sandals marked down to $55.00.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit