How many meetings did you actually enjoy?

by nugget 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

When I was very spiritual and holding it all together I used to love the meetings ...well, some of them...as the scriptures took a back seat I got more and more frustrated at sitting and listening to rules and regs etc...

One elder couldnt remember names (had trouble with his own wife's ) anyway a new sister arrived whose surname was Burke...she put her hand up for one of his items ...he scratched his head for a moment or two and then said 'Yes...Sister Moron?'...lol...

Loz x

• spawn
    spawn

None, most of the time they were hard work

• spawn
    spawn

I just remembered, I liked the fire drills as they took up most of the meeting

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

When I was a kid i spent my time memorizing the books of the bible and looking up the scriptures that were read. I liked it because before and after I got so many complements cuz I was being so well brainwashed. I was the "congregation" kid. Single dad was raising me and my brother and the congregation took over. As I grew up and was not always perface one by one the families disowned me.... After pioneering and being perfect again I enjoyed the meedings again cuz I was so perfact.... when i started to dout i hated the meedings all they did was make me feel bad about myself and I had to listen to bad speakers tell me what to do!!! I think they are very negative and only the self rightious are built up

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

When I was a kid i spent my time memorizing the books of the bible and looking up the scriptures that were read. I liked it because before and after I got so many complements cuz I was being so well brainwashed. I was the "congregation" kid. Single dad was raising me and my brother and the congregation took over. As I grew up and was not always perface one by one the families disowned me.... After pioneering and being perfect again I enjoyed the meedings again cuz I was so perfact.... when i started to dout i hated the meedings all they did was make me feel bad about myself and I had to listen to bad speakers tell me what to do!!! I think they are very negative and only the self rightious are built up

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

not sure why it posted twice?

• Tristram
    Tristram

We had to conclude that most of the time in the organisation the meeting was something you endured. We went to the meetings so as not to feel guilty, to be seen by others, to stop others criticising, because we had an assignment and because we wanted to catch up with others.

Wow, Nugget...you nailed my feelings exactly.

• logic
    logic

I have been getting some dental work lately, and believe me folks , If I had a choice I would take the dental

work anytime. The meetings always were excrutiating to me and as the years went by they just got

worse and worse. I used to look around at others at the hall and ask myself am I the only one

here that would like to just shoot myself.

• av8orntexas
    av8orntexas

The Bookstudy. It was short, and like the kid checking to see if he made the football team, I'd rush back to the bulletin board to see where I was assigned, when new groups were assigned. Always hoping to be put in a group with my buddy, or a particular sister I had a thing for,for seemed like ages,lol.

More times than not, I usually got a group with my friends.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I never "hated" the meetings really. But, like most people I just went because it was required. One of the last meetings I went to was a CO visit, and I was already mentally OUT.. And the CO was new to our circuit, and he was the kind of speaker that even though he was speaking cult jargon, he could almost make you get back on the bandwagon - he was just that good.

LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit