Just one more from the June 15th WT on family night and the "Happy God"

by life is to short 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    I wonder what toy would be in a WT Happy-Witness meal?

A little plastic field service bag.

Governing body action figures.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

More reading between the lines...

"GUILT GUILT GUILT GUILT and GUILT

YES, if you do not do what WE say, YOU are a BAD PARENT. an UNLOVING BAD BAD PARENT.

Now, you don't want that do you? Do you? Look, we know best! Even if we have never raised children. Oh, you might raise children without our help but TRUST US, they will be little rats that JEHOVAH will KILL at armageddon. He's only the HAPPY GOD when YOU do what WE say!"

expletive deleted crap food

oz

• Scottiebear7
    Scottiebear7

From a worldly, beer drinking, bad influence perspective, here is what I see:

The WTS stopped the Bible Study night at the KH, and incorporated it into the Theocratic Ministry night, only because of loss of profits from losses in the markets. Think about it, it happened right at the same time as the wall street crash. It was just a ploy to save money. My wife embraced this "sweeping change" like it was a major event in her life... I just about puked.

Now, they are telling the parents... HEY! YOU NEED TO PICK UP THE SLACK! LOL. Follow that up with what Aussie said, because he's damn right! The WTS just wants to be sure parents are vigilent in making sure their kids are indoctrinated and brainwashed from a ripe early age.

By the way, I wonder if our "Happy God" had a big Sh!t-eating grin on his face when he had Joshua go in and kill every man, woman, and CHILD so that HIS people could reclaim the promised land. He probably did sit back and eat his Happy Meal, and sucked down on Mountain Dew's new flavor "Spiritual Fuel" and just enjoyed the show. I wonder if this slaughter is one of the "spiritual gems from the bible" that the WTS is talking about?

• just a reader
    just a reader

Jehovah has supplied an abundance of wholesome spiritual food through books, magazines, videos, and audio recordings. Ecclesiastes 12:12 - (regarding scripture) My son, beware of anything beyond these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

My mother, 78 years old, calls my divorced sister, 55 years old, and quizzes my sister on what she studied for family study night. My 24 year old nephew, last one still home, gets to be studied with by his mom that night. My sister has been known to lie to our mother about what really went on that night. I wonder if God is happy when my sister decides to do something else that night besides study his precious spiritual food. I know I'm happy about it when she forgoes the Watchtower garbage.

• blondie
    blondie

My experience with WT publications....

Many comments about Family Worship = many jws are not complying/submitting/obeying

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Family Worship night; sounds like ancient Israel, when they still were worshipping other gods!

"Kids, tonight we focus on El, like our neighbors; then later, Ashera and Jehovah, some newcomers to our pantheon"

Family Worship, what does that even mean? Why not study night, does that not sound important enough?

UGH.

Religion for kindergartners, maybe not even.

• agonus
    agonus

"In addition, the faithful and discreet slave class has made arrangements for a Family Worship evening."

Jesus Herringbone Christ! Is there a SINGLE study article anymore where Faithiness Slaviary Discreetitude doesn't make a point to refer to its holydiscreetyslavey self?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit