Just one more from the June 15th WT on family night and the "Happy God"

by life is to short 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• life is to short
    life is to short

OK just one more about the June 15th WT and then I am done. I have finished listing to it and am throwing it out but it helps to know the garbage my husband could be bring home also it helps to know so I can throw out stupid points to him. It has really made him think over things.

OK first in par 11 it tells us "Godly parents are responsible for instructing their children about Jehovah and his ways. (Deut. 11:18, 19)" Like we did not know that have to be told over and over to take care of our children? It then says "If you are a parent, do you schedule time to teach your children about our loving heavenly Father?" To help you to fulfill this solemn responsibility and address your family's needs, Jehovah has supplied an abundance of wholesome spiritual food through books, magazines, videos, and audio recordings." In addition, the faithful and discreet slave class has made arrangements for a Family Worship evening. This is an evening set aside each week for family Bible study.

Maybe I am just really in a horrible mood this week but that really got to me. I mean so if I were not a JW then I would not have a clue on how to raise well adjusted children. Thank God we have the faithful and discreet slave to help us or our children would be screwed up for ever?

I wished they had just stopped at this point but not they had more to say. They go one to tell us that "The Family Worship evening should not be a dry, somber occasion. After all, we worship "the happy God" and He wants us to be joyful in our worship. Having an extra evening to discuss spirtual gems from the Bible is a real blessings." The WT then gives this great example of how we can do this by telling us of one family that allowed their ten year-old son Brandon, to present a report entitled "Why Did Jehovah Use a Snake to Represent Satan?" "This isssue had brothered Brandon because he loves snakes, and he was upset that they were associated with Satan."

OK I am done ranting about this WT. I am listening to some of my music that is from Satan today while I am driving to work and will hopefully have a better day.

LITS

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

The WT then gives this great example of how we can do this by telling us of one family that allowed their ten year-old son Brandon, to present a report entitled "Why Did Jehovah Use a Snake to Represent Satan?" "This isssue had brothered Brandon because he loves snakes, and he was upset that they were associated with Satan."

Wait, I thought Satan possesed the snake? Maybe it ws god's bad spirit, the same one that infected Saul.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

Jehovah provides the books, audio recording, etc? wow, is it me or are they just getting more blatant?

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They feel they must harp on Family Worship Night because, let's face it- They ain't doing it.

Guilt applied means that maybe for a couple of weeks after reading it or hearing it at an assembly, parents will actually do it.

"How can we capture your kid's brains unless you parents help us indoctrinate them?"

• sir82
    sir82
    To help you to fulfill this solemn responsibility and address your family's needs, Jehovah has supplied an abundance of wholesome spiritual food through books, magazines, videos, and audio recordings

Hey wait a minute...

Who really supplies the books, magazines, etc.? Why, the WTS! Everybody knows that!

But who do they say supplies it? Jehovah!

So, Jehovah = WTS.

Disobeying the WTS = disobeying Jehovah

And it's all so subtle the average JW doesn't even notice.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan
    Disobeying the WTS = disobeying Jehovah
    And it's all so subtle the average JW doesn't even notice.

Why stop there, sir82?

In addition, the FTS has made ARRANGEMENTS (WTF?) for a family worship evening. See how they follow up with the, what would become in the dub's head, natural extension of Jehovah.

Really!! If they didn't make the "arrangements", we could by no chance just pick up the bible and study.

There is no freaking way all this garbage is full off logical fallacies and propaganda just by mere chance. It ain't the monkey just having fun in front of the typewriter. This is a deliberate, well thought out, lawyer and psycologist approved industrial strength brain detergent, DESIGNED to wreak havoc in the subcounscious mind.

Repulsive!

-Yan

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

A "Happy God"..

Deserves a "Happy Meal"..

http://www.chemistryland.com/CHM107/Introduction/BehindScene/HappyMeal.jpg

....................... ...OUTLAW

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I don't know about anyone else here but my family had some of our best "how are we going to get out of this cult" discussions during "Family Worship Night."

I am ALL FOR Family Worship Night because it allows families to be families without borg interference. I actually think a conscious class dude on the GB must have come up with the idea.

• flipper
    flipper

LOL ! Great thread ! My elder dad used to conduct a family study with me and my sister and mom when i Was 10 yrs.old. Freaking dry as toast.We would read EACH TALK in the ministry school ! All 5 of them ! AHHHHH ! I would watch for the to reach 1 hour and I'd start bitching that 6 million dollar man was coming on ! My elder dad LOVED Wonder woman which came on the same night - so he had a vested interest in cutting the Family study short - mercifully.

I don't blame Brandon for being pissed about Satan using snakes - I think snakes are cool too ! In fact I listen to Satanic music which INVOLVES snakes ! LOL ! Hey WT society ! Leave these families alone ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Hey Outlaw,

Maybe the Kingdom Hall should put in a drive-through window--so you can pick up some spiritual junk food when there isn't proper time before the young'uns need to go to bed!

I wonder what toy would be in a WT Happy-Witness meal?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit