Facial hair?

by gutted 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• St George of England
    St George of England

I always understood that the ban on beards dated back to Rutherford. When he took over quite a lot of brothers were growing beards in the style of C T Russell who was liked considerably more than Rutherford. They have been frowned on ever since.

However I have grown a beard in the past with no problem from the elders, but then I was not an appointed man so there was nothing they could do really.

George

• cantleave
    cantleave

I've been growing a goatee for the last three weeks - rebellious is my middle name.

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

I think the governing body just has a stray hair up their collective asses about stray hairs anywhere else.

Hope it ends up ingrown.

My beard is shaven off every 2 weeks, in other words I only shave every two weeks .......& it's great, pisses off my employer tho. haha

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It depends what country you are in. If you shave your head and grow a beard in NZ, you are a nasty skinhead. Do the same in Denmark and they welcome you into the KH and lovebomb you.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

Rutherford hated beards.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I don't shave. I hate shaving. Always have. It irritates my skin and causes a rash. Besides, a man with a beard is a man in touch with his inner animal.

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

It's funny to watch the reaction of Jdubs when they see me with my gotee. I can tell that they don't want to be judgemental however they can't help themselves and I can tell they are judgeing me.

JD

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Some men look better with a beard.

I remember back in the early 80s we had a brother who was a MS. He had moved to our cong wearing the beard, and was used widely in our small congregation. However, to become an elder he had to shave the beard. Now, I’m talking about a trimmed beard that academics are seen to wear. Not like he was toting a bikie beard.

Anyway, he shaved the beard and became an elder. But he never looked the same.

• EXMS
    EXMS

I agree....I have never understood the whole no facial hair thing either. That was actually another one of my laundry list of things that showed me this isn't the place to be. I now have been sporting a Goatee for a year!.....and loving every minute of it!

My Adivce: Grow one....or even better grow a designer stubble beard, but just trim it up....

EXMS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit