Facial hair?

by gutted 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• gutted
    gutted

What the hell is up with the "ban" on facial hair outside of a mustache in the WT?

I see nothing about it in the Bible, and I remember I did some research and nothing came up in the JW publications.

Did I miss something?

Oh wait, is this another way to get people to conform without scriptural basis...

I want a goatee :(...

Actually I'm thinking of growing one and then people would get the idea that I'm not doing so hot in "the truth".

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Its scary for women over 45...the hairs start popping out on the face...I'm glad its banned ...

Loz x

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

I think they want everyone to look like Ned Flanders

• zoiks
    zoiks

Yeah, all those mustaches were HOTTTTT

I'm sporting a neatly trimmed beard and am loving it!

• cult classic
    cult classic

Yeah gutted a goatee will be a dead giveaway. Quite simply, Jesus had a beard.

Cult Classic

• John Doe
    John Doe

When everyone is dressed identically and have strict dress and style requirements, you're dealing with a cult. The witnesses mandate personal grooming down to how many towels is appropriate to dry your hands with after you've used the pisser. It's amazing how willingly people surrender their personalities over to an overbearing convoluted authority.

• Confuzzled
    Confuzzled

Nothin' more sexy then a guy in a cheap suit and a molester mustache.......

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I think the governing body just has a stray hair up their collective asses about stray hairs anywhere else.

Jeff

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Controlling the way people look is one way to control them, and it's all about control. It's as simple as that.

They used to say it was because it wasn't acceptable "in the corporate world" which is what they wanted Witness men to appear to be, I suppose so they would look respectable and people would take them seriously, but now, men in the corporate world wear neatly trimmed facial hair, beards, goatees, so that's not a reasonable explanation.

I've heard that some of the older GB members associated facial hair in the 70s with the gay pride and hippy movements, and that was the real reason that they banned it. But, Knorr also thought blue jeans and sneakers were part of gay or hippy culture, so that's why they still have a ban on blue jeans at Bethel.

It's all about those old dudes in the suits and whatever blows their hair back on some levels. We're supposed to believe everything they say is right from God's hind end, he farts, they listen and then they fart on us, or something like that. LOL

• yknot
    yknot

My 'understanding' is that facial hair is the one of the major rites of passage from good dubbie to ExDubbie.........

Growing up in a clean shaven world (very few men sported 'staches in my congo)........ I now can spend HOURS staring at my husbands face when he doesn't shave on the weekends...........nothing sexier than testosterone at work!

Don't forget to post a pic of you goatee!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit