Let's have the book study at your house.

by transhuman68 16 Replies latest jw friends

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

I remember constant "reminders" that when the little JW children use the bathroom to not make a mess of it or go through the belongings of the householder.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I volunteered my home for the BS. They lasted exactly one year before I threw them out.

W

• blondie
    blondie

Several book studies locations I attended had a rule that parents had to accompany all children to the restroom, including teenagers. It would be a rare circumstance that children cannot manage not to pee during an hour. The damage those kids did though before that.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Glad that era's over with now that the book study is at the Kingdom Hall.

• dgp
    dgp

How awful that A Wild Flower's status didn't matter just then.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I have been reading this thread all day with great interest. What is so amazing to me is the large amount of comments on how difficult it was to arrange the private home studies, and how much damage was done there in recent years.

I can honestly tell you that back in the 1960s and 1970s, this was never a problem. People were always polite and did not steal or tear things up.

I guess that a lot has changed in the JW world since I left in the late 70s - of course, from what is posted here, I would not even be able to recognize a JW assembly now either - as it is so much more tightly controlled.

Sounds like a progression from bad to worse.

• peaches
    peaches

had bookstudy also.....moved and continued to have bookstudy.....i think a part of it is that every saturday we had field service arrangements also... and if you have "meeting" for field service at your house,,,,,AND ....don't go out!!!! well,,,,,the eye brows were raised,,,,to say the least...

i got so,,,,i would not even get out of bed,,,,,yup....locked the bedroom door and wouldn't come out until everyone left...the congregation had a hard time with me...."rebellious" elders wife...... then.... peaches

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit