I just put a bullet in the head of....

by AK - Jeff 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• transhuman68
    transhuman68

Thanks for writing that story Tiger. Losing old friends is very painful but it seems to be a part of life's journey.

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Thanks for posting this. It is good insight for others going thru similar "loving dicipline" {puke}. Good thoughts and love to you brother.

• oompa
    oompa

ouch....many of us here can relate....very nice piece jeff...you care way more than your cousin......oompa

• etna
    etna

How sad this organization(cult) can do this. I had my best friend for 50 years (we called each other fleshly brothers, even though we weren't), won't talk to me. And Iv'e just faded. I break down sometimes, thinking about it.

Etna

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Sorry to hear that Jeff. Sometimes it is better to bring these things to a conclusion. I lost my younger brother to the WT machine 10 years ago. It still hurts - so I understand how painful it is to lose someone you have shared so much with.

It can help to remember that the good times you enjoyed with him were real and they are yours to keep. They will always be yours, they cannot be taken away. That was then - this is now. Things change. Nothing is forever and most of the people and things that we treasurer do not last a whole lifetime.

Our past is done. Treasure the memories and allow yourself to remember them fondly, without bitterness. Then you can enjoy the present with people who are in your life now. Now is the only reality.

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

Oh Jeff its always sad and often painful when someone we care about leaves our lives for whatever reason. However, knowing its final over will in a sense allow you to final grieve for your lost cousin and move forward.

Love,

LittleSis

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Sad, teh cool aid drink can be very intoxicating.

Yes, and blinding too, Scott. At the end of my letter he actually called me 'a sick man' for calling to account his actions and how I believe them related to his religious training. Sipping the cool aid has made it impossible for him to see any reality at all.

They become dependant on the WT to give their very lives structure. Sad, but true.

Indeed, Gregor. They have painted their whole world thru wt glasses that are warped beyond imagination.

So I lost my best friend and he wouldn't admit it.

I lost Rick 6 years ago when I walked away. He wouldn't admit it, kept playing games. I was in denial until I finally severed the cord yesterday I believe. Thanx for being there to share the pain, Jerry. You are a good friend - a real one.

I love you, Jeff. You are more to me than words on a public forum. You are a damned fine, perceptive, intelligent, compassionate man.
    I hope we can sit and talk in the "real life" someday

That means a lot to me Baba. Such kind words. Yes, we must sit and talk someday. Absolutely we must.

One more painful but necessary JW chapter closed.

Isn't it sad that the organization forces it to be like that? I will be glad that I got it over with I suppose. Surgery hurts before it helps, true. Thanx OM.

hang in there....

Thanx Peaches. I'm ok.

transhuman68, allelsefails, oompa thank you for your kind thoughts also.

I had my best friend for 50 years (we called each other fleshly brothers, even though we weren't), won't talk to me.

So sorry you have had this happen etna. Rick I were often taken as fleshly brothers in this area. We looked somewhat alike, and were always together. Up till yesterday, including our childhoods, it was about 50 years for us too, though the past 6 have been pretty rocky at best. I wish you peace, and hope that this thread has not opened up wounds for you unintentionally.

I lost my younger brother to the WT machine 10 years ago.

Sorry to hear that. My only fleshly brother died about 7 years back. I am pretty sure he would have cut me off when I left. I don't know how I feel about that. I wish he were still alive, but I am glad I don't have to deal with the pain of loosing him as you did. Peace to you, Gladiator.

knowing its final over will in a sense allow you to final grieve for your lost cousin and move forward.

True that, and thank you LittleSister.

So many kind words. Thank you.

Jeff

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

The Watchtower organization will continue to kill relationships with friends and family as long as they are around. That's what they do best. Take heart my friend in the fact that you are free. Let's show all of these people by example that true freedom, not the made up Jehovah's Witness freedom, gives us the most out of life. We are in the real life, not a fairy tale Jdub life.

LD

• Michelle365
    Michelle365

((((Jeff)))) Thanks for sharing. We all understand how hard it is.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I bet he tries to come back to you one day. In the meantime you'll go on living and he'll go on functioning as "23 of 75" in his congregation.

Thanks so much for posting here, this and all your posts. You help people. You really do.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit