The JW view of world/personal events is repulsive, unkind & just plain offensive

by jambon1 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jambon1
    jambon1

• On 9/11, an elder: It's sad but exciting!
    • On a loved one dying: We can cope far better with this due to the resurection.
    • On the tsunami, an elder: If they think this is bad, wait untill they see what happens at armageddon (smiling).
    • On armageddon, an elder: I want to be able to SEE the people dying.
    • On execution at god's hands, a pioneer: It'll put them out of their misery.
    • On the swine flu virus, a pioneer: It'll mean less people for jehovah to kill at armageddon.
    • On the birth of my daughter, a prominent elder: Be carefull not to fall into the trap of 'baby worship'
    • On the death of my non jw grandmother, an elder: Be carefull at the funeral not to become involved in false worship (don't sing my grans favourite hymn)
    • On the topic of my non jw sisters wedding, the PO: If it falls on the weekend of the convention, you should make your stand & not go to the wedding.

There is, of course, a normal response to each of these situations. There is a human response. One that is touched by the tragedy. Moved to joy by a happy event. Grief at the loss of a loved one. And pity for those who are suffering.

I never really saw too many normal responses in my time as a JW.

Jehovahs Witnesses - A religion for unkind, unloving, inconsiderate arseholes.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

I've seen people die...I hope they have a very strong stomach for dealing with guts, brain matter, shit, vomit, blood and mucous pouring out of people in buckets. They don't know what the hell they're talking about.

It's not nearly as pretty as it is on TV.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Be carefull not to fall into the trap of 'baby worship'

How exactly does one engage in this?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Jehovahs Witnesses - A religion for unkind, unloving, inconsiderate arseholes.

The Borg indoctrinates that in the members. Some were that way before joining but most have the same potential for being normal and productive members of society as anyone else; they've simply been victimized by cult mind control.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

"Baby worship" is JW speak for putting having a child ahead of selling crap for the promotion of the WTS.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

On armageddon, an elder: I want to be able to SEE the people dying.

Gee, wouldnt a self-righteous nut-bag be the first to go?

You are so right with your assessment. The day of 9/11 I was at work, and we were all in shock.

I got to the Kingdom Hall that night, and there was this VERY strange energy in the room - people were saying similar things. "Wow, this must be it!"

In what way was that EXCITING????

I always think of how the society quotes Russell during World War I as being all happy "Well, the Gentile Times have ended, the Kings have had their day!" WTF - millions of people are being slaughtered and you are feeling smug about the so-called fulfillment of your prophecy?

• peaches
    peaches

i cannot be around witnesses....really....because of their absolute vicious reasoning....talk about satanic....wanting people to die,,,and then watching it and taking delight in it!!! shudder...doesn't get much sicker than that...

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

I must be guilty of baby worship I would put my children above these aholes any day.

baby worship

• Lieu
    Lieu

They can't help it, sadly. The place has purposely sucked all the real joy out of people and replaced it with some ultramorbid form of judgemental cold-heartedness. A total and utter disdain for other people.

• Kum Vulcan
    Kum Vulcan

There is, of course, a normal response to each of these situations.

There is also the normal response to each one of their responses: FU%K YOU!

Put it after each one of the bullet points in the OP and see how well it fits...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit