has anyone ever met Ray Franz?

by poor places 15 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYDTrRadNuc

I've met Theodore Jaracz. He's a real Neidermeyer.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I spent three days with Ray and Cynthia and about a dozen other ex-JWs at Peter Gregerson's cabin in Guntersville, AL around 1985. He was lo-key, humble, did not want to be the center of the group, though when he spoke (softly) we all hung on his every word. I felt that it pained him to hear our stories of how exiting the JWs had affected our lives.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Thank you Blondie ...I've sent a short email to express my thanks for his wonderful book which has affected me so deeply but at the same time has provided great comfort. I really just wanted to do that.

Loz x

• room23043
    room23043

I meet ray back in the day when the 10 month school was in brooklyn about 1965. Spent a couple of day teaching him to run a small printing press. I was a young man then and he is a special brother. We both older now. Happy he has been able to help so many find peace in their lives...

• Lieu
    Lieu

I met McMillain(sp?) he was kinda odd but he seemed to know I had some special skill they needed and gave me a Bethel app. (Didn't get to go because elder PO's no skilled son got the spot.)

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

I am sure he is a great man but just wants to live in the shadows and not the spotlight. I am sure some JW's may attack that saying "see, only righteous come to the light and evil stays darkness", but if he were to be proud, then they would attack him saying "see, he just wants attention".

His work has helped many and given us an insight to something we may never have seen or realized was happening to us as well in out local congregations. I would love to someday meet him as well, but not to idolize him, but merely thank-him.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit