has anyone ever met Ray Franz?

by poor places 15 Replies latest jw friends

• poor places
    poor places

So? Have you? I guess you would have to be kind of old school to have met the guy. If so, what was he like?

I've only met a current GB member before he joined. He seemed nice. I've watched three or four of them give talks at conventions. They were ok as speakers; nothing special. One of them had this really condescending tone during the whole talk, as if we were all a bunch of rule-breakers. I didn't exactly feel the love when he was on stage. Everyone was fawning over the talk, saying how he really told it like it is, but that's bunk. He was just calling a bunch of people he didn't know out on things that really aren't anyone's business.

• blondie
    blondie

I visit Ray and Cynthia every year. She is an energetic Italian whirlwind...she has more energy than I do and I am a little younger. Ray has an elfin look and has a very dry and funny sense of humor. They both live a simple life and keep very busy with friends and family. They love hearing from people. No, Ray does not glow with celestial light.

In my lifetime I have met 6 members of the GB (no glow either). I have know quite a few older jws from the 20's and 30's. People are people. No special saintliness or special individual insight into WTS secrets.

As one said to me, he learned what was in the publications when a copy showed up on his desk in his Bethel room.

Blondie

• poor places
    poor places

That's interesting, Blondie.

So, what exactly are his religious views now? I haven't read all of his stuff. Most of COC, but not all.

Also, has he said anything interesting to you about JWs that isn't in the book? Just curious.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

no, but I've met Steve Hassan

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

i met samuel herd once and briefly talked with him in an elevator.

i have met geoffrey jackson on more than one occassion and had dinner with him and a group of others once. i actually enjoyed talking and meeting with him. i got the impression he is more of a "yes" man than anything. probably one of those on the governing body who doesnt make waves and follows along with the old timers.

• blondie
    blondie

He is a Christian still. He can be contacted at [email protected].

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Blondie - Is that an email address to contact Ray Franz?...I would like to write and thank him for his book if thats possible....

Loz x

• Hoping4Change
    Hoping4Change

@PoorPlaces

Make sure to check out "In Search of Christian Freedom" also (ISOCF as it typically gets noteed around here). In a lot of ways, I think it more 'meatier' than CoC. Now would also be a good time to read it, coming off Sunday's WT study that included talk about "Christian Freedom". While listening to that study and discussion, I couldnt help but wish that JWs would actually read Ray's book on the subject.

• blondie
  • PSacramento
    PSacramento

In Search of Christain Freedom is instrumental in my quest to WANT to find Jesus.

Ray's book was so filled with promise and love and compassions, something I had never seen before, that I wanted this freedom and it was a great guide book for it.

Every Christian should realize that it falls on them to find their own freedom.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit