Were you Stalked or Chased After Once you Exited the JW's by Elders ?

by flipper 175 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

So far nothing. Our cover story seems to be keeping the wolves at bay.

• flipper
    flipper

CANTLEAVE- That is really good news. You are lucky- so far. But it's still early in you and your wife's exit. Just keep your eyes open and have eyes in the back of your head as well. Enjoy your freedom and your life. Not that I'm saying to live in fear - but from one ( myself ) who spent 44 years in this organization and thought I wouldn't be hassled after 3 or 4 years out- I found out it can happen if ANY former friend or JW relative wants to rat you out on something - they will. Even if you haven't attended for 5 or more years ! We can think we are off the radar and then we find out we aren't . Just be careful my friend for you and your wife and your children's sake. We were in a dangerous mind control cult. The longer I've been away from it- it seems more and more dangerous with each year

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

My father and law and brother in laws were elders. I told them when I was done with

the Wactower. Dont ever talk to me like I am a Jehovahs witness again.

And they never did. Not since 1983.

I've since partied with them, aniversaries, pic nicks, family get togethers.

Other friends & Elders would say "hello" in Home Depot, Sears or the grocery store.

And they would say "Oh, we miss you."

I'd say, "You really shouldnt think about me".

They never had a come back for that.

• flipper
    flipper

JAGUARBASS- That was an interesting comeback to your JW in-laws and elders you'd see in the store. Telling them " You really shouldn't think about me " kept the elders away for sure - but it is at least a good thing your JW family respected your stand and still parties or associates with you. I'm glad they didn't shun you totally

• truthlover
    truthlover

So can I ask -- does this seem to be a push by the society to get true numbers of believers by followingup on those who have faded and not da'd themselves??

• truthlover
    truthlover

So can I ask -- does this seem to be a push by the society to get true numbers of believers by followingup on those who have faded and not da'd themselves??

• truthlover
    truthlover

• truthlover
    truthlover

• truthlover
    truthlover

• truthlover
    truthlover

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit