Were you Stalked or Chased After Once you Exited the JW's by Elders ?

by flipper 175 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

DARINGHEART13 - Good for you to not put up with abuse. As a former elder yourself - you especially are aware how intrusive elders can become when checking on inactive publishers. I'm glad they are leaving you alone. I also think people should threaten lawsuits more proactively if elders try aggressive methods snooping in on our lives. It's good you are protective of your family.

SCOTT77- Wow, just wow. It sounds like you were stalked pretty badly . They even caused a car wreck chasing you ? My god. I'm glad you informed the WT society- although like you say they will just deny it. This Jehovah's Witness cult is just as dangerous as the Scientologists- perhaps more so because they are more subtle than the Scientologists in their stalking and harassing methods. People need to be informed and made aware of these illegal tactics.

CARLA- Thanks for the bump.

OTWO- It does sound like the C.O. and the elders in your former congregation were trying to " soft pedal " you so you would come back at some future time. That being said it is still good you got your licks in by telling them what your differences were with the organization. At least it seems they respected you enough to leave you alone . Apparently you must have had a decent relationship in a working manner with your former fellow elders. That speaks well of you as a person for sure.

AK JEFF- I'll answer you in a minute. Mrs. Flipper has to show her mom something on the computer , Peace, Nastase, or whatever you say. Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

AK-JEFF- It sounds like the elders really wanted to get you as well. But you beat them to the punch by dissassociating. Good for you. Also- Good for you that you kept your wife protected from the nasty claws of the elders as they could have really ripped up her relationship with her JW mom. I am with you - I despise this mind control organization and all the hurt the leaders have caused in dividing families. I see it in my JW family- and I imagine I will continue to see it. It's sickening. Good luck to you, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• RR
    RR

I moved 50 miles away and they tracked us down via my mother-in-law, who we specifically told not to give our number to the elders, but wanting to save our souls, gave it to them anyways. We had elders from both the French and the English congregations call us, including some from Bethel. Phone stalking us, we just told them, "don't call us, we'll call you." They eventually gave up.

I knew an xjw who claimed the elders were stalking them, he told me they tried to run him off the road. This guy was so paranoid that he now lives at Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital. He's been there for about 15 years now.

RR

• flipper
    flipper

RR- I'm sorry you got stalked . It is crazy how these nutcase elders and WT society leaders WILL drive people around the bend. So sad that guy got laid up in a psychiatric hospital from the abuse and stalking. It truly is an abusive organization. Why can't they just let us exit in peace ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• flipper
    flipper

Any and all experiences welcomed and will be replied to. Thanks

• crapola
    crapola

Well, guess I should have kept my mouth shut about not being called on. 2 elders just left and I don't know why, but it upset me so bad. It's like they think a person can't be happy without the org. They offered Bible study to me and of course I said no. But I froze up. Could'nt tell them what I really thought. That made me angry, knowing they have the power to make my mind go blank when what I'd like to tell them would be to go to ****! I think it has ruined my good day!

• happy1975
    happy1975

Great thread. I just posted my story on Troubled Mind's thread but I think it might get buried there (also, I'm kinda a thread killer). My husband and I have been inactive for 5 years. Two weeks or so two elders stopped by unannounced and tried to get my husband to admit to something that they could df us for. I was busy tending to our two little ones, so I couldn't participate in the meeting (damn!). They're accusing us of the following: christmas lights (I have them up all year long in my kitchen as decoration), celebrating birthdays (this may have come from my facebook page which I have since made completely private), my daughter wearing birthday earrings (she's five and I don't even know what a birthday earring might look like), and worst of all, they accused my husband of making the sign of the cross (like catholics do) at his JW mother's funeral two years ago.

Since that initial visit they've been harassing us nonstop: they've called multiple times, set up meetings at the KH which we didn't attend and last week three of them got my husband while he was out cutting the grass. They even stopped at my BIL's house (he's active, they were unannounced) to try to get information on us!

I don't have any family in, but my husband does. We have no idea how to handle this assault that came, basically, out of nowhere. Oh, and currently they've invited us to another 'meeting' with them after the sunday meeting tomorrow. They're saying 'THIS IS A JUDICIAL MATTER NOW!!!!'. Ugh, this sucks.

Happy

• flipper
    flipper

CRAPOLA- Wow. Well, never say never, eh ? It seems the elders want to " save your soul " apparently. It is weird how they think we can't be happy without the organization- it's what they've been TRAINED to believe. I'm sure their visit took you by surprise- don't be too hard on yourself for drawing blanks on what to say - I've been there myself before in the past. It can really be nerve racking to face off with these powermongers. Next time you see them I'm sure you'll have some thoughts cooked up for them. Hang in there .

HAPPY1975- That is awful these elders are harassing you and your husband like this. My wife just made a good suggestion , she wanted me to mention to you to ask the elders : " Would you give this much attention pursuing pedophiles in the congregation if they were inactive yet abusing children allegedly ? "

You are not obligated to meet with these sinister control freaks who want to intrude on your life. In fact, I wouldn't answer their phone calls oe attend ANY JC meetings with them. If you don't have many JW friends or JW relatives hopefully it won't be too big a deal. But if you guys still keep in touch with hubby's JW relatives - you may want to appeal any DFing decision the elders might make. I would force the elders to decide on your fate without meeting with them. Then appeal a DFing if they DF you in absentia for not coming to a JC meeting. AND write a letter to them saying you will sue them for slander & defamation of character . See how they react to that ! I wish you the best, hang in there- I know it's tough. Don't be intimidated by them- they are only humans

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I wasn't. I gave the elders enough to boot me to the curb and they never came to find out if I changed my mind and wanted back in.

• flipper
    flipper

LADY LEE- Good for you. You didn't have to be troubled by elders harassing you later because you gave them enough to boot you out. It's incredible - they seem to really be bothered by inactive ex-JW's who ARE NOT DFed because they still can talk to JW relatives and affect them. I'm glad you broke free from the organization. Great ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit