Were you Stalked or Chased After Once you Exited the JW's by Elders ?

by flipper 175 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

No. I gave my 10 page Da letter with the scriptural reasons I was leaving the org and not one elder came by to "correct" my views. My husband stayed for 3 months at the hall and NOT ONE elder approached him about my letter or asked him what happened to change my mind about the WT. They actually avoided even looking at him. That is when he decided in his own mind that they were not spiritual men and the WT was a bunch of bunk. Lilly

• Scott77
    Scott77

Since that initial visit they've been harassing us nonstop: they've called multiple times, set up meetings at the KH which we didn't attend and last week three of them got my husband while he was out cutting the grass. They even stopped at my BIL's house (he's active, they were unannounced) to try to get information on us! I don't have any family in, but my husband does. We have no idea how to handle this assault that came, basically, out of nowhere. Oh, and currently they've invited us to another 'meeting' with them after the sunday meeting tomorrow. They're saying 'THIS IS A JUDICIAL MATTER NOW!!!!'. Ugh, this sucks.

happy1975

OMG! This sounds terrible. Please, can you and hubby write a letter to officially DA selves? I think, that might help somehow but must be accompanied by a stern warningn notice to cease future contacts cum 'shepherding calls' or else it will become a law enforcement issue. Please, you must do it early or else your mind will be mentally tortured over the years.

Scott77

• Scott77
    Scott77
    Except for a few who accepted my wife and myself for our marriage, and who we were, an entire congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses became our enemy. I do not use that word lightly. They were the enemy. We became awash in innuendo, vicious gossip, slander and out right lies. Even my wife's best friend, who had introduced us, became an enemy. This loving sister took it upon herself to call my wife's mother, who had no love whatever for Jehovah's Witnesses, and tell her I was a wife beater.
    Quentin

I think , that was so sickening. I recall literary telling a pioneer sister after she asked me why I was not attending meetings. I told her that the congregation practices discrimination against people from other countries.

Scott77

• flipper
    flipper

SCOTT 77- I agree. You think the elders of the WT society would leave you alone after dissassociating - however if you move it's like they want to keep tabs on a person for life it seems ! Really sick and twisted. Can't they let people just live their lives ? Answer is no- they can't. Ridiculous.

BLONDIE- Good point- I have known of elders who keeep stalking to get the goods on someone's private life. Even after years of not attending- it happened to me personally. Sets a person on edge for sure.

LOVELY LIL 2- Lily- I'm glad the elders left you and your husband alone. They did you a big favor actually. It showed how unconcerned they really were and your husband saw through it. I'm glad you folks have your freedom

• Scott77
    Scott77
    SCOTT 77- I agree. You think the elders of the WT society would leave you alone after dissassociating - however if you move it's like they want to keep tabs on a person for life it seems ! Really sick and twisted. Can't they let people just live their lives ? Answer is no- they can't. Ridiculous.
    flipper

True,I agree,its never going to stop for them. They will keep tap on someone's movements. However, I think, they are toothless tiger or lion that cannot beat. I think this means in my case,I will never at all keep my guard down. What I want is to keep the number plates of a offending Elder's car for report to law enforcement. Of course, I do have right now a few number plates captured from previous stalking. I did not report them to police after the Watchtower assured me, that they will deal with that.

They even told me that its not the way the train people to behave. Many are the times I feel sorry for those people who are told to stalk others for and on behalf of the GB. The level of brainwashing and mental intoxicating is certainly obvious in this case. Are these people sick? Do they need mental counselling? Are they psychopath? I think those questions are for anyone's quess.

Scott77

• flipper
    flipper

SCOTT77- I think you hit it on the head. Yes- these people ( including many elders ) are psychopathic, they are sick, and need mental health counseling. As Steve Hassan put it they actually have what's called "dissociative disorder " - a term psychologists use when cult members can dissociate from their real human personality and go into a robotic cult mode personality. Cults tend to make members LOSE their real human emotions - thus the malaise of witnesses you see often in them.

Of course the WT society told you they would " deal with that " regarding stalking elders who were after you- but that was just to prevent you from going to the police. AND the fact they don't want ANY negative publicity. Perhaps if they try stalking you again - you'll be able to attempt to go to the police again. Don't let these a-holes intimidate you. They are just humans like you and me - no better. Hang in there

• life is to short
  • flipper
    flipper

LIFE IS TOO SHORT- Thanks for the bump. There were lots of interesting experiences by people shared on this thread. Worth one more bump

• Scott77
    Scott77
    SCOTT77- I think you hit it on the head. Yes- these people ( including many elders ) are psychopathic, they are sick, and need mental health counseling. As Steve Hassan put it they actually have what's called "dissociative disorder " - a term psychologists use when cult members can dissociate from their real human personality and go into a robotic cult mode personality. Cults tend to make members LOSE their real human emotions - thus the malaise of witnesses you see often in them.
    flipper

Thanks Mr. Flipper. Its my first time to read the word "dissaciative disorder" I think, that term is an accurate discription of elder's stalking behaviours over JWs and Ex-JWs. That lack of human feelings and possibly rational thinking is obvious.On other hand, I find blondie 's comment as very interesting and revealing when she states that, "Sometimes they keep stalking if there is a jw spouse who wants proof for a scriptural divorce; usually only if it is a family member or "good" friend."

I believe, family members who are still JWs, are pressurised to spy on their own, thinking that in doing so, they will win 'favors' with the congregation, the Watchtower or Jehovah himself. This can be very devastating to the stability of families.

Scott77

• flipper
    flipper

SCOTT 77- You make a great point. I agree with Blondie's take as well. Once a JW family member exits and stops attending the meetings the elders will try to get the goods or info on that person and use still attending witness family members to do so, yes. They turn family members against one another. Especially as you say when it involves unfaithfulness in a marriage mate. Elders are eager to DF any dissenters- especially immoral ones. You'd think they have better things to do - but obviously not

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit