How Many Here Actually "Handled The Microphones"?

by minimus 75 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Yes...You MUST be QUALIFIED to HANDLE the microphones.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

My favorite trick when doing sound was to keep creeping the sound down during the talk and making the speaker go louder.. and louder.. and louder... or cranking it up for the first note of the song and watching everyone jump..

Second favorite trip was "Mic drift" were I would slowly let the mic drift further and further infront of sister "long comment" and watch her lips chase it like it was my (insert word for rooster here)... LOL...

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

I did.

elder-schmelder

• spawn
    spawn

I was one of the chosen ones whilst I had good attendance or when no other bugger would do it.

• four candles
    four candles

One bro was stood witht the mike behind his back one day,it was still live when he let rip what he thought was a silent but deadly,unfortunatly it echoed over the sound system,like a whistling banshee!!!

I did them for a while,was ok.

• Smoky
    Smoky

Did my share of MIC Duty, I would trip on the cord (no wireless) all the freaking time.

I was around for the use of extension pols for Mics, now that was tough. Watch out for their head! BAM!!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I've "handled the microphone" thousands of times.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Yes, throughout my teen years. I was very good at it. The only useful skill out of it was being unobtrusively omnipresent.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

I hated handling the mikes, but liked winding the cords up to put them away. If I wasn't in the mood for mike duty, I'd stay at work late and then come to meeting in my work clothes. Kudos for making the effort to show up, sad that I wasn't dressed appropriatly for priveledges.

• minimus
    minimus

This IS a funny silly thread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit