Influx Of Newbies

by snowbird 48 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

I just recently started studying, so um....I don't know if there's an insider doctrine here. But um...so far, most people seem pretty nice, you know? Nobody's offered me drugs or immorality yet, so...I guess you folks are alright.

This is my rookie year, so...I still consider myself a newbie. And I consider myself welcomed. Joke.

Yes, let's welcome one another as Watchtowers say to do

If Christ died for his brothers, surely we welcome them too

So let us just believe all the So-ci-e-ty has said

For if we get independent, we might as well be dead

So....welcome one another as long as you haven't sinned

If that should happen, be assured, committees will begin!

So let us joyfully rejoice at happifying times

Yes, welcome one another in these joyful, final times

• snowbird
    snowbird

ROFL at SD-7!

You, sir, are a hoot!

Sylvia

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

A Newbie I am: I was promised a "spiritual paradise" - no opressive wolves, no poisonous snakes - spiritually speaking, lets recap a few of the more memorable moments in this Spiritual Paradise:

• Very early had to deal with jealous R&F over the job I had and came into as a JW
    • Daughter had to befriend her congregation friends who were living a double life, jealous, quick to tattle and mean - she had to give up friends that were genuine friends
    • When my daughter faced death (refusing blood) and had to stay at home, in bed for a year she was asked "what could she do for field service
    • During a serious family illness a CO politicked the body to have me removed because I was not handling illness properly
    • Had an elder interfere in family matters, job matters, etc - right up to my recent fade - wondered if he would give his life for me?
    • Constant calls over what I did say or did not say - whose hand I missed and whose I favoured
    • Passive rebellion by having some R&F keep their head down during my parts
    • Having to deal on Appeals with obvious dislike for a person
    • Stupid Rules
    • Jealusy, gossip and slander -but be the bigger person and forgive them. Nothing about dealing with the gosspi and slander.
    • CO's who took a dislike to you because you pointed out their position was not scriptually based
    • Seek and destroy investigation and JC's
    • Attacks on family for not being in the school or pioneering
    • Finding out that a family member who no longer is attending meetings was sexually abused by "someone" in the bathroom at the KH
    • A sister recieves greater punishment for immorality than her drunken beer drinking, violent video game seeking, out with the boys husband because there were no two witnesses to any of his actions
    • Lack of care - in two months since full fade - 1 call from a great R&F brother....so much for leaving the 99 and seeking the 1.

Whre is this promised spiritual paradise of his?

I do not miss one moment of this. I appreciate the honest and kind words recieved here and through PM's

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

am i still new? not sure. but i feel like i have been here forever.

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((RMHP))))))), you are an old-timer by now!

Sylvia

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

New and old alike lets all be welcome and rejoice in our freedom.

"Get out of her you people touch nothing unless you want your life really messed up and to spend years in therapy!!!!"

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Welcome all newbies!

• rockmehardplace
    rockmehardplace

so i am offically a bad boy on a bad site. wouldnt my momma be proud?

• IronHill
    IronHill

The generation of witnesses I came from wasnt as indoctrinated as the one before it. Folks are going college and questioning more...and it's causing many to see the real 'truth'.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit