I shall pray for wine this year

by Titus 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Titus
    Titus

Elders told me I shall give prayer for wine on the Memorial this year. What should I say in that prayer? Any advice?

Cantleave, will you go on the Memorial this year? Shall we partake and drink them all wine?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Titus - I won't be going this year - even if there is free wine.

I would place emphasis in your prayer about the wonderful relationship the Great Crowd have with their mediator the Governing Body!

• Titus
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Jehovah, we bought the wine, we gave up this evening. We don't even get to drink it. Thanks for nothing. Amen.

• cantleave
    cantleave

BTW Love the new avatar!!!

• Titus
    Titus

My elders will take it very seriously. They don't understand sarcasm or irony. They will not understand it.

New avatar is photo of Joseph Broz Titus, former president and dictator of Yugoslavia.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

You could give a twenty minute diatribe on pagan cannibalistic rituals predating Christ.

• Titus
    Titus

Twenty minutes? Hmmmm. No. They will not listen to me 20 minutes. I shall lose their attention after 10 mins.

• asilentone
    asilentone

disassociate yourself during the prayer. It would ruin the rest of the memorial. the speaker would be distracted big time.

• Titus
    Titus

Yes, good idea, Silent. I have mic, attention of whole congregation and many strangers.... It would be hilarious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit