This week's Bible Highlights, verbatim quote: "Jehovah is a Killer..."

by Open mind 62 Replies latest watchtower bible

• undercover
    undercover
    Those numbers are very conservative too since big whoppers like the Flood count as zero.

And if the JWs are right you can add another 6 1/2 billion after Armageddon...

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"Those numbers are very conservative too since big whoppers like the Flood count as zero." - Open mind

http://dwindlinginunbelief.blogspot.com/2009/01/how-many-has-god-killed-revised_04.html

Take care,

Ismael

• snowbird
    snowbird

*sigh*

Sylvia

• AGuest
    AGuest

Your positions on this (most of you) are absolutely illogical:

If the Most Holy One of Israel IS such a killer... one would think you would have the wisdom and forsight NOT to challenge Him and risk ticking Him off. I mean, if He DID wipe out, say, 120,000 in one fell swoop, do you really think YOU are going to be able to stand against Him, should He decide to do away with YOU? Yet, you challenge Him... throwing out blasphemous judgments about acts YOU believe Him to have committed... as if you even had a say.

On the other hand, if He is NOT a killer... then are you not bearing false witness... and heinously lying... against someone... without any cause whatsoever?

Or, say He doesn't even exist. Why, then, the anger... the hatred... the harsh words? Can you truly even HAVE an opinion about the "good" or "bad" of something... or someone... that doesn't even exist?

You make no sense: on the one hand, the Most Holy One of Israel is such a badass... that He killed ga-jillions. Yet, He won't kill you 'cause you're, what, an even badder ass? Seriously? On the other hand, He's not really a killer but let's call Him a killer anyway because, well, everybody else is doing it. On the other hand, He doesn't even exist but is only a mythological being made up by the Jews. Yet, let's call him a killer because... well, it sounds good and since He doesn't exist nothing's gonna happen if I do.

Oh, so "intelligent."

Let me ask you: IF the Most Holy One of Israel IS the killer you wish to make Him out to be... wouldn't He warrant your respect? I mean, if you're thinking you don't want Him to kill YOU? And don't give me that "I hate a bully," melarkey, because we're not talking about a bully. A bully can be brought down. Supposedly, we're talking about someone who's brought hundreds of thousands in one fell swoop. Not once. Not twice. Not three times. Not ten times. Do you REALLY think you're puny little butt... and puny little words... are going to result in something different? Truly?

Or, I ask you, IF He is NOT the killer you claim Him to be... aren't YOU, then, the satan (slanderer) and devil (deceiver)? Aren't YOU in fact the LIAR?

Or, I ask you, IF He does not exist at all... who exactly are you accusing? The Tooth Fairy? What, may I ask, is the point in THAT? How smart are YOU?

Sorry, but I get tired sometimes of folks posting things that they think may them look "smart" (lookit me, I dun challeenged Gawd and he ain't gone 'n dun a single thing about it!)... but actually shows such ones as the idjits they are.

Bottom line: regardless of what one BELIEVES... challenging the Most Holy One of Israel is an empty, moot, and ridiculous thing. No matter HOW you slice it.

A slave of Christ,

SA, on her

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Satan caused the death of the entire human race.

If Satan created us, then he does cause the death of the entire human race because these bodies are not strong enough to be immortal. They are temporary. Therefore, we were not created perfectly while in this form or vehicle.

Satan=Jehovah same /same

The bird has two heads

"Jehovah is a Killer, and a Preserver of life.

A Bringer down to Sheol and He brings up."

This god is responsible for good as well as bad. It's a two faced god playing both ends against the middle.

• Nephilim
  • cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Wow, cool chart.

So God is worse than Hitler and Stalin put together, but not as bad as Mao. Interesting. I never looked at it that way before.

• agonus
    agonus

Well, whether or not you wanna argue theology on the whole Christ-is-God thing, while Jesus was on earth, so far as I know he never actually killed anyone. His followers, yeah, but they totally missed the whole love and don't judge thing.

Jesus is just all right with me.

• MadGiant
    MadGiant

"Bottom line: regardless of what one BELIEVES... challenging the Most Holy One of Israel is an empty, moot, and ridiculous thing. No matter HOW you slice it."

Totally agree. To you he is the most holy. To me he is as real as the tooth fairy.

And again the most holy needs a slave to defend him/her. Don’t get it.

Take care,

Ismael

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Jehovah has killed for stupid reasons. He has also held grudges for stupid things: King Saul, after offering up a sacrifice. Had he waited the 5 minutes, Samuel was not going to show up. Samuel would only show up 5 minutes after Saul went ahead and offered it up. Had he waited too long, he would have been captured and branded unfaithful for not doing something.

Another grudge Jehovah has held was against Moses. Now, Moses was faithful about 99.9% of the time. On this one occasion, he slipped up under pressure. Yet, Jehovah held a grudge and prevented him from reaching the promised land for this slip-up. That would amount to preventing me from graduating from high school because I made one arithmetic error on a 7th grade science quiz, even though everything else was letter perfect.

And what about poor Satan? Now, Satan was given the assignment to look after mankind. Satan was devoted to this job, and went above and beyond the call of duty. He saw Jehovah was setting up a tyranny where mankind could never become all he could have been. Being devoted to his job of looking after man, Satan tried to protect us from Jehovah's tyranny. At the risk of his very life, he did that! What did happen, since Satan didn't have a Paul to re-invent his workmanship, Jehovah had to put Satan out of this job so he couldn't thwart that Tyranny. Ever since that, Jehovah has had a grudge against Satan for doing his job.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit