With Heavy Heart

by PSacramento 76 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

PSacramento... I just started posting here, and I'm saddened at once by your leaving. I, personally, did not understand the posts criticizing your love for your own family on the other thread. You were very clear in stating that you believed man was responsible for abusing and distorting laws of God; that you did not believe in many of those man-made/influenced laws yourself. I believe the same, and as Outlaw said more clearly... "If the bible contradicts Jesus, then Jesus wins every time." Thank you, Outlaw.

I think I'm saddened by your leaving, even though I don't know you, because I have been attacked for my faith as well... as has everyone. There have been times when I have just wanted to stop speaking or defending this faith, and times when I have stopped doing so. To breathe. To refresh. To renew my strength. But we should not have to feel like our faith is a shameful thing that should neither be seen nor heard. We should be allowed to speak in defense of something we believe so strongly in, and even express that belief, without being called an apologist.

To the atheist and theist alike, don't you feel ashamed if someone is attacking someone that you love, and instead of defending them, you remain silent on the subject? I don't speak of counter-attack. Or rudeness. But of a simple, calm, and kind reason why you do not agree?

I came here knowing that my views would be disagreed with and on occasion, also attacked. But I hope that I can 'weather the storm', as it were. So hopefully you'll be refreshed by a break, and then to come back. I find my strength in Jesus, number one. But people like you help to strengthen people like me. Even just a simple and random sentence can strengthen my faith and my love, and renew my hope. The above quote from Outlaw is one of those statements.

Thank you also, Snowbird, for your welcome and kind words on the other thread.

T

• paul from cleveland
    paul from cleveland

I hope you don't go. I like reading your posts.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Oh,

I'm sure the board will go on.

Sunrise... sunset. sunrise... sunset.

Bye. See you in a week.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

when atheists attack the bible and God they often have to resort to setting up caricatures of both. I have seen this art practiced here very often. One response is to set up a caricature of your own.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hello Sylvia,

Though I'm aware that it was written to and for the Jews, I like the OT as well as the NT.

Then, I'm a history buff, anyway.

Don't forget, every blessing for Israel is for all of us who are in Christ also now!

Galatians 3:13-14 (New International Version)

13 Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written: "Cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree." [ a ] 14 He redeemed us in order that the blessing given to Abraham might come to the Gentiles through Christ Jesus, so that by faith we might receive the promise of the Spirit.

Galatians 3:28 (New International Version)

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Galatians 3:26-29 (New International Version)

26 You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise. Romans 4:16-17 (New International Version)

16 Therefore, the promise comes by faith, so that it may be by grace and may be guaranteed to all Abraham's offspring—not only to those who are of the law but also to those who are of the faith of Abraham. He is the father of us all. 17 As it is written: "I have made you a father of many nations." [ a ] He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls things that are not as though they were.

Blessings, Stephen
  • snowbird
    snowbird

Thank you, Stephen.

Sylvia

• nugget
    nugget

If you feel you need a break from the board then it is probably a good time to have a bit of you time. You will be missed it is always valuable to get different perspectives on issues and yours is one that is often well thought out and thought provoking.

Sometimes people get caught up in the moment and forget that they are dealing with people with feelings that can be hurt. Because we a dealing with typed entries it is sometimes hard to see the humanity behind them and typed words can be harsher than what we would say in person. It is also difficult to see our thoughts picked appart by others. Hard as it sometimes is, at least they have been engaged enough to read the post and think about it.

Peace to you and come back when you feel ready.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit