April 15th WT/ Generation - MORE Points/ Mind Control by WT Society

by flipper 60 Replies latest jw friends

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

whats interesting is that jesus was telling the 1st century jews that THEIR generation would not pass away.this was fufilled in 70 ad.not once did he refer to a dual fufillment.

• flipper
    flipper

POOPSIECAKES- Yeah, I thought that was weird too - how could an almighty God not have a fixed plan ? Isn't he perfect ? Allegedly ? Perhaps the WT society does want to stir things up so they can go on witch hunts for doubters.

NO APOLOGIES- To me, it's such strange reasoning the WT society would assume that a " plan " is only something imperfect humans would do. I mean, if God is perfect- his plans would never fail, right ? So they call it a " purpose " so he can fix it on the fly ?

OTWO- If it's the Almighty creator ( allegedly ) making plans - why would his " fixed plans " ever have to fail ? It's like the WT society is measuring God , Jehovah, or whatever he's called by man's standards . Yes, I agree on the generation thing . I mean, no matter WHO is in the generation , wicked or righteous - they are ALL still " the generation " if they are living at the same time span together.

There is so much room for wiggling space by the WT society using the word " evidently " . Instead of saying dogmatically YES , this is the overlapping generation, they pussyfoot around saying " evidently " . That way if it doesn't come true the WT society can backtrack and say we NEVER said it in absolutes. It's really crazy. They are giving themselves an out here.

LIFE IS TOO SHORT- It is totally insane, isn't it ? Hey thanks for the cake ! My wife & I really enjoyed it

• flipper
    flipper

JEHOVAH SHEEP- Exactly. That's how I feel about it too. I mean Jesus predicted Rome's takeover by the Jews in 70 C.E. Which happened within that 30 to 40 year generation. No magic to it though - maybe Jesus just kept a pulse on the political unrest between the Jews and Romans so spoke out about what the Romans would do . I agree, no further meaning to us than just what happened . No " last days " in our time or any other time for that matter , EVIDENTLY ! Ha Ha ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• bobld
    bobld

The mentality of most JW will accept this new teaching like a duck to water.Thay lack the intelligence,logic or evidence that the GB are full of shit.I for one cannot understand why anyone with a half brain cannot see the hypocrisy of the WT/A mags.Can not they remember what they read in past WT/A mags.It drives me crazy things like the generation,blood,worship of GB.

B

• OnTheWayOut
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

It looks like they are trying to bury "a generation" in the bottom of the pile of crap. Do that, and it will be less likely to stick out like a sore thumb. Unlike us apostates that got the key paragraphs stuck out like a sore thumb, the witlesses are going to be numb by the time they reach this "a generation" change. And, they are more likely to accept it if they are already half asleep than if the offending paragraphs are brought to the front. For instance, we saw that they are trying to string generations like so many Christmas tree lights. I bet there won't even be one comment at the Kingdumb Hell about that.

Also, if people are already numb by the time they reach this, there will be fewer walkouts and disassociation letters flooding the hounders as a result.

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Great points Flipper, thanks!

When I was indoctrinated 20 years ago, I believed Jehovah was the Absolute Power ant the Allmighty...

Now I feel sorry for that guy... He doesnt even has a fix plan....

Albert

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

I remember the "Purpose" book too. No plan, just purpose. Plans can be thwarted by an enemy, Satan, because they are fixed. A purpose allows for change in the process, ie: Satan has all the babies killed, Jesus heads for egypt. I never understood that explination because it was prophesied he would come out of egypt so Jehooba did know ahead it would happen. I just can't keep up with these nutjobs. Good to be free. Life is no longer ruled by this whole bag of teachings. I purpose to stay away from it all. W.Once

• cantleave
    cantleave

" Consider our understanding of those who make up " this generation " mentioned by Jesus. To what generation did Jesus refer ? The article " Christ's Presence-What Does it Mean to You " ( from 2008 ) explained that Jesus was referring, NOT TO THE WICKED, but to his disciples, who were soon to be anointed with holy spirit. "

I love the way they encourage the R&F to look at previous Watchtowers to get an understanding of what Jesus was thinking. WTF - how would the writing committee know what a man was thinking 2000 years ago.

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

You know what? They are welcome to all the new light they want, as long as they will just get some new light, huge bright beaming new light, on the murderous blood doctrine.

Going door to door teaching crap about dates will not kill my family, avoiding birthday celebrations will not kill them, but the immoral despicable Hospital Liaison Committee may.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit