Accidentally Got an Email from a JW. . .

by leavingwt 27 Replies latest jw friends

• beksbks
    beksbks

I'm doing great! Back?

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

I'd ask him what he's wearing.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I know everyone else has already responded to this - with good ideas... so count me in as a 'me too'.

If I were to respond to this, I might say something like, " I've never been better!" - followed by some information on what you're up to - like going to college - or some personal accomplishment - and keep it upbeat - ignoring the 'are you back?' comment.

If he then pushes the issue of 'are you back?' - you can decide whether or not you will address that.

Regards,

Jim TX

• discoveringlife
    discoveringlife

LOL!, That's right I agree. I love your first instinctive thought on how to respond. It is simple, short, positive, and it will throw him for a loop. He already knows you are an apostate and he never took you off his contact list. If you respond like how you thought to respond, what's he gonna do, tell on you? You are truly free and you should respond so he can see you are very happy outside of the borg. No truly believing JW thinks that's possible. This is an opportunity to make him think a little.

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

How about this:

Sorry for the delay in responding to your e-mail

The wife and I were out of town at a retreat

It was Inspirational

We slept all during the day buried underground

in boxes only to rise at midnight, undress, and

engage in the most wonderful orgy I have ever

attended.

We slaughtered 10 goats and 30 chickens EACH NIGHT

for 3 days running. What a hoot!!

The blazing bonfires, blood smeared bodies, and

great horned beasts have really inspired and

energized me!!

So......................What's up with you

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

leaving

I think I would put the ball back in his court by inviting him over or to go out for dinner some time soon. Something like this:

I'm doing fine! It's great to hear from you, why don't we get together one night and catch up on things?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I find the "Are you back?" question insulting. I'd ignore it. You can respond with how great life is and tell him about some of the great things you're doing (normal activities like a normal person) and enjoying. If it were me, I'd respond rather than ignore.

• bluegirl78
    bluegirl78

LockedChaos, you had me laughing out loud on that one...but I'm afraid it would probably give the poor guy a stroke!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit