Do you miss God?

by wobble 47 Replies latest watchtower bible

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

At least as much as I've missed Santa Claus.

• spawn
    spawn

I can safely say that I have not believed in any God for a long time, even before I left the Borg I was finding it difficult to say a prayer when taking the mother inlaw and other sisters out on the min.

As stated above how can you believe in a God who would quite happily kill billions of people who didn't believe in him.

• shamus100
    shamus100

No.

I miss having some hope once I die, but I've accepted that this is all there is.

• lancelink
    lancelink

I once read on this site of a person who equated finding God according to the jw belief system this way this way:

we all would do anything to help our children grow up and become decent people.

Which one of us would punish, and threaten to kill our kids if they did not learn everything that they could about us as parents ?

The wt has given God this same mentality, if he were a man he would have been locked up.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

No I don't miss him I'm all a lone inside my head, I still talk to myself when no ones around.

• chickpea
    chickpea

at one point i identified myself to a mainline xian group
    i was doing a limited bible study with ( on the "reconcilation
    movement" regarding LGBTQ) as a sentimental deist....
    meaning i had a lingering sentimentality about the concept
    of god, because i had spent nearly a half century believing...

i am over it

• Dagney
    Dagney

In the beginning when I left, I prayed a lot, and found it comforting.

On the journey I became angry at his absence in everything, just everything...history, screwed up instruction book, disasters, merciless murder, plague....just everything. Then, I didn't talk with him because I was mad. And then I realized he made no difference in my life at all.

Now I don't miss him at all.

It's all a matter of faith.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Why? Is he lost?

• cofty
    cofty

No not at all. Sometimes I used to miss the easy certainties but not any more

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I miss God.

He was never there for me. I always believed that I would be destroyed at Armageddon, because I wasn't good enough for him. I never felt that he listened to me when I prayed to him. I was thrown one tragedy after another in my life, and kept begging him for help... which never came.

But I kept praying, and I kept 'worshipping', and kept hoping that God would be there for me one day. Talk about dysfunctional relationships!

Interestingly, only after I finally gave up on "god" being a warm, loving being who cared about me, did I finally sever my relationship with my psychopathic mother. For a while I mourned the loss of our close, loving bond... until I realized that I was mourning something that I had never really had.

So, more accurately: I miss who I wish God could be. I miss the illusion.

But I'm getting over it. :)

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit