When do you get it 'Digested' fully?

by AK - Jeff 12 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

• God is not real..That can`t be proven,either way..
    • Man has evolved..OK
    • Life ends forever when we die..That can`t be proven,either way..

..1 out of 3.....I can agree with..

..The other 2 remain a mystery..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• journey-on
    journey-on

I have not thrown the baby out with the bath water. I believe we are evolving spiritually just as much as we are physically. My definition of who or what God is has changed, but my belief in the Intelligent Consciousness behind all that is has not changed.

I would not describe religion as a fraud. Perhaps it was a necessary part of the evolutionary process. I think you can leave religion behind without leaving the belief in the Eternal One behind.

I think, AK-Jeff, that your so-called "don't-you-get-it-yet?" mentality sounds a bit judgemental and could be reversed back to you by some who feel that they have finally found their spiritual footing. There are many areas where science and religion are beginning to converge, and in the process, new ways of "seeing" our world are opening up for both.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

JO - just to clarify: I understand that 'don't you get it yet' sounds judgmental. I mean only to express the frustration in that statement, not judgment.

Like OTWO, I have found solace in a sort of humanist spirituality [I don't know if that is a proper term for it]. I read Tao Te Ching and my 'church' is watching birds and children and feeling the sun on my face. Still I feel no connectivity to God - none.

It is true, in the purest sense, that God's existence/not is unprovable for certain. Also that afterlife is unprovable. I suppose I mean that I have stopped 'believing' things that are unprovable - so to me they are not real - although I also think it highly probable that there literally is no God and no afterlife, at least not in any sense that resembles what we have been taught. There may be some sort of 'first cause', but I feel no attachment, nor can any accurate information be culled and taught about it. So I can't worship such an unknown.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit