When do you get it 'Digested' fully?

by AK - Jeff 12 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

The facts are in for me:

• God is not real
    • Man has evolved
    • Life ends forever when we die

For those more settled in these intelligent facts: How long does it take to fully lay all the superstitious bile to the pile forever? Is it another 'grieving period' like the one when I left Jws, and the one when I finally rejected silly Christian fairyland?

I find religion/God to be a totally sick trap, and I still struggle with seeing so many otherwise intelligent people eating those empty calories. I am torn between the 'Don't you get it yet?' mentality, and pity for them.

Just curious how this stage went for you, or if it was completely different? I am glad to be here - glad to leave the foolishness behind. But sometimes the emotions of seeing the fraud so up close and personal is frustrating to me.

Jeff

• fokyc
    fokyc

AK Jeff said:"..seeing the fraud so up close and personal is frustrating..."

I so agree with you; I think I have reached the fully digested stage!

My problem is my wife! She is 100%+ certain that the JW's are correct, she looks forward to the wonderful paradise earth. It matters not one iota how badly they treat her, she knows the elders lie but she just keeps going, she sits in the meetings on her own and is generally ignored by the 'management class'.

I don't think she will ever change!

fokyc

• spawn
    spawn

Jeff, I must say that I also agree with you.

• Japster
    Japster

My digestion has always been 'off'

puke

• mutinyinheaven
    mutinyinheaven

IDKWTF.

the human condition is what it is. imho, to subscribe to science that is forever changing is to subscribe to jws who are ever changing.

accept the human condition. what do we know? we are f*&ked and going to die. that's it.

is there something beyond this? are we evolved or an alien experiment or are paranormal activities true?

if there turns out to be a god up there, i wanna throw a bar stool at him/her.

but why preach either way and pretend it's fact?

we're from a culture, as jws, who came from 'the truth'. get beyond trying to find the truth......and if at the end we're just dead and gone, let's do some crazy SH*t while we're alive.

-tony

Confessions of a Teenage Jesus Jerk
    Soft Skull Press

oh, p.s., i just checked one of the review sites, i think it was the boston globe. everytime i get publicity, jws and ex-jws tend to go nuts on issues i don't even bring up in the novel......but, there's that whole BS that, oh, in the worse case scenario, if the jws aren't the truth, then at least we lived good, christian lives. the dude who studied with me said the exact same thing. i love the doubt, yet, don't question and btw, let's just hope the human race dies while we get their houses after armageddon.

i guess my point is.....so what, live life to the fullest, preach less, excel more.

\m/

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I accept the facts now:

• God is not real
    • Man has evolved
    • Life ends forever when we die

But I recognize that there is validity in things other than "facts." People gather strength from their belief system. They need something for their minds to calm the hopelessness. I have come to a sense of peace from recognizing that I don't need to know all the answers but I also don't need false hopes.

I am not calling them all ignorant, although many are. I am not suggesting that people cling blindly, although many do. They just have different minds that hope or believe different ways than I do.

I have a belief in a general kharma- good people seek goodness and hopeful people seek hope. Good things and hope tend to be attracted to those seeking them. Optimism seeks optimists. Pessimism seeks pessimists. I had been a pessimist for so long. It's good to see some light.

But my very beliefs above could be "religion" or "belief in a higher power" to others. They are not in my case. Still, I must accept that others see it that way. While I may be asking, "Don't you get it yet?" they may be asking that of me.

I have gathered much strength from eastern thoughts from Buddhists, Taoists, Confucionists. They allow you to view things differently and they freely allow you to accept the wisdom and push aside all the religious crap. But at the same time, they are loaded with religious crap. Some of the most successful authors of eastern thought are the Dalia Lama or people who like to go study with a "Master Yogi." They write of the famous founders of their thoughts equating those humans with Jesus (the Jesus that people worship). So even in reading/applying eastern thought, I have had to step cautiously.

Personally, I seek peace on my own path. That's the main thing. Peace is tranquility that can be found on a beach or on a bicycle path or walking in the woods or in the snow. Peace can be watching kids play Double Dutch or baseball. I still find some peace from reading and posting on JWN, but it's not as effective as it used to be. Still, peace comes from connecting with good friends. Knowing what I find peaceful helps me to understand that others might find their peace in sitting in the lotus position saying their mantra. It's not for me, but great if it works for them. Peace may also come to some who sit in a church pew and pray while looking at the statue of a man nailed to a cross. That's a bit "out there" for me, but great for them.

This part is difficult to say without argument. In my opinion: It is not peace to remain a JW. Even for those that think they are at peace, they are clinging without thinking- Oh, some try to think but allow the logic circle to derail them. They are hoping without meditating- Oh, they think they meditate but instead they are like the pharisees in their own WT example who thank God that they are not like those outside of "the truth." They meditate on some WTS mantras that have misguided them. They are just letting someone else tell them what to believe and are having fear implanted. There are others outside of the dangerous mind-control cult that do the same with their beliefs. These are the ones I pity.

• wobble
    wobble

How do you know life ends forever when we die ?

• ninja
    ninja

I'm with wobbly............

• minimus
    minimus

I'm not positive about anything.

• ninja
    ninja

that sounded positive min....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest