Yay, Canada gets it's first Olympic Gold Medial on home-soil

by Simon 11 Replies latest social current

• shamus100
    shamus100

I disagree. If someone offered me millions to go make money I"d leave Canada too, eh! Not that I'd move to Australia. Bleah! Too flat, and too many dingoes eating babies and whatnot.

Did anyone see Shaun White in the half-pipe? That was the most amazing snowboarding I have ever seen. Talk about a god on a snowboard! He made 8,5 mil last year, has a lambourghini (sp), and isn't even old enough to rent a car.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

shamus It doesn't matter to me that he left and is playing for another team. It is his attitude. He isn't even represent Australia very well in terms of his behavior. I wouldn't sponsor him again.

NOW

Canada has another gold. Jon Montgomery in Men's skeleton

I saw a clip earlier today with Villeneuve the race-car driver. They suited him up and put him on the board and sent him down the track. He did a short one first and loved it so asked if he could do a longer one. So up they went and down Villeneuve went and loved it. So he asked if they could go up to the top. So they did and I swear if he was younger I think he would give it a go.

The higher the run, and longer, the faster you go - upwards of 5G. Villeneuve said he was used to that in a car but in a car he also had brakes. This was something totally scary but I gotta give it to him. He just kept going.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit