Yay, Canada gets it's first Olympic Gold Medial on home-soil

by Simon 11 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

(well, snow actually)

Can you believe it? We didn't get a gold in the Montreal or Calgary Olympics !

But now we have one ... hopefully the first of many.

• awildflower
    awildflower

Congrats

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Awesome performance! The bond with his brother is so inspirational - it was beautiful to see! Go Canada!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Watching his brother was amazing - definitely Alex's biggest fan.

If anyone is wondering why Alex uses the now politically incorrect English word "handicapped" it is because in French they still use the word "handicappè" and he is making a direct translation for the word

• Japster
    Japster

I LOVED Alexadre's Brother Frederic!

My daughter [so proud of her] works with Austistic younger children both in the Vancouver school board and privately and this reminded me of her.

More Gold for Canada @ CTV.com the local Vancouver Canada tv station coverager. they even have a cool iPhone app to let you track the proceedings in realtime....when you're supposed to be working hahaha

HI to ALL...especially SIMON, Mr. + Mrs. Flipper, OUTLAW [you weasly bas***rdo! living in BC???]

GOG CANADA GO!!!!!Wish I could give you some photos from my Iphone but I don't know exactly how to do that yet. But I can tell your Vancouver is ELECTRIC right now 24 hours non stop party central. I live 2 blocks off Granville St. downtown and walk there every night with thousands of other merry makers. a total HOOT!!!!

CHEERS TO ALL From Canada, Vancouver 2010!!

Ted Jaracz's Fallen Nephew

JAPSTER

ps just got back from a big family reunioin in the USA for Uncle Ted's side of the family....if anyone wants to know the fun details I can post or PM

• Japster
    Japster

PS to my other post

WHAT ABOUT THAT BIG D**K Mr. Begg, the Canadian who defected to Australia to run his multimillion $$$$$ internet biz.

What a maroon and a big tool

NO CLASS BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MRS Japster sez that the only difference now is that they know he's a BIG PRICK in two countries CANADA and AUSTRALIA HAHAHAHAHA

Japster

• JWinprotest
    JWinprotest

As a hockey fan there is one gold medal that is near an dear to my heart. I am looking for some redemption from Turin in 2006.

And I want to beat the Russians doing it....otherwise it just won't be the same.

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Sweet!! A third gold for Canada!!!!!!

I'm so pumped right now

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

It's hard to be an American and root for Canada... Thats who I want to see in the Gold medal game.

Btw, I know this is a cold war hangover, but seeing Russia lose at anything never gets old.... The Ovechkin Ovechkins are going to rock their way to 4th place, Bronze if they're lucky.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

WHAT ABOUT THAT BIG D**K Mr. Begg, the Canadian who defected to Australia to run his multimillion $$$$$ internet biz.

What a maroon and a big tool

NO CLASS BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One commentator said his name was called the "Ice Man" Watching his face I could understand why. I also saw an interview of him. Man what a snot-nosed little brat. He said he was there for the interview because he was told to show up. He was belligerent and rude and clearly wanted nothing to do with the press.

Then I sawe him on the podium - the epitome of poor loser

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit