CO spins the continuous “faithful and discreet slave” doctrine - explaining how “ONE GENERATION OF SLAVE FED ANOTHER” for 1900 years!

by LUKEWARM 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Here are my notes from his service talk theme:

DO YOU APPRECIATE THE FAITHFUL AND DISCREET SLAVE?

Isa 65:3 = We live in a rich spiritual paradise (Isa 65:3)

We have spiritual abundance – the world has nothing.

Do we take this for granted?

New publications, WT/AW, daily text, meetings, yearbook, District Convention, Circuit Assembly, Special Assembly Day…

Where does it come from?

Thefaithful and discreet slave”

What is the History of the “faithful and discreet slave”?

Deut 29:29 = To the original faithful servant it was “revealed” the 10 commandments, mosaic law, first 5 books of Bible.

Rom 3:2–39 = God inspired Jewish penman to complete 39 books of the Hebrew Scriptures

Mat 24:45 = Jesus had a question because the original slave was not faithful. A new slave class was appointed at Pentecost.

1 Cor 4:1 = Anointed Christians were given the responsibility to be “stewards of sacred secrets of God”. God inspired anointed Christians to write remaining 27 books of the bible

Mat 28:20 = Although the Apostle John was the last writer, Jesus promised to be with them right through to the end

How was Jesus going to be with them during the period of apostasy?

What was to happen to the “faithful and discreet slave”?

Mat 13:24 -30 = Jesus uttered a prophecy.

Sower = Jesus

Field = World

Wheat = Genuine 144k

Weeds = Imitation Christians (particularity clergy)

Harvest = Conclusion (span a long period of time)

Men sleeping = Elders at the end of first century

Grow together = Time needed before harvest

Storehouse = Theocratic org that Jah will set up

Fulfilment?

Pentecost 33 CE = First of 144K appointed

1 st century = GB was set up, congregations/meetings established, elders and MS appointed, letters from GB, relief funds, preaching

End of 1 st century = Weeds

Jesus gave us a distinct historical picture of one generation of slave feeding another

2 Tim 2:2 = Scriptural principle of 4 generations (First Paul passed on to Timothy then he to other men and they then passed on to other qualified men)

How did it happen?

33 CE FDS appointed

69 CE - 155 CE Polycarp overlapped John life

120 CE - 200 CE Irenaeus stuck to the teachings of Apostles and was against apostasy

300 CE Arius translated Bible

500 CE – 1100 CE Apostacy

1179 CE Peter Waldo

1252 CE Holy Inquisition

1330 CE - 1384 CE John Wycliffe (Lolards)

1369 CE - 1415 CE John Hus

1525 CE Anabaptists believed in Christs return and rejected immortal soul and trinity teaching.

1436 CE Johannes Gutenberg (printing press)

1494 CE – 1536 CE William Tyndale

1511 CE – 1533 CE Michael Servetus

1533 CE Laelinus Socinus

1781 CE – 1862 CE Henry Grew

1796 CE – 1879 CE George Storrs

2 Tim 2:19 = Cannot be dogmatic as to who was and who was not anointed

2 Tim 1:13 = All had one thing in common – all searching for the pattern

Dan 12:4= Before time of the end knowledge would increase

1870 CE Charles T Russel had questions which led to spiritual discussions. Discerned invisible return of Christ, began to preach and publish literature

Mat 13:43= These ones were “shining” because the pattern of healthful works had emerged

1919 CE Mat 24:47 was fulfilled with FDS appointed

Men are imperfect but Jesus perfect

Vital to remain loyal, p reach, show co-operation and a ttend meetings/conventions

Show appreciation by accepting adjustments

Ps 87:5 = Blessings soon to receive in the new world

Rom 11:33 = Jah’s accomplishments and names of individuals will be made known in the 1000 year reign

Now is the time to show appreciation for “the faithful and discreet slave

• blondie
    blondie

George Storrs was never baptized as a Bible Student so how could he be one of the 144,000?

*** w00 10/15 pp. 29-30 Working in the "Field"—Before the Harvest ***George Storrs likewise did not have a correct understanding of some important points. He was able to see falsehoods promoted by the clergy, but sometimes he went to the opposite extreme. For example, apparently overreacting to the orthodox clergy’s view of Satan, Storrs rejected the idea of the Devil as an actual person. He rejected the Trinity; yet, he was uncertain until shortly before his death as to whether the holy spirit was a person. While George Storrs expected that Christ’s return would originally be invisible, he thought that eventually there would be a visible appearing.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Have nothing to really say, just wanted to congradulate you for the longest thread title in JWD history!

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I can't help but feel sorry for the people that got to listen to that convoluted drivel.

God I'm glad I don't have to listen to that crap any more I don't think I could stand it. Even when I was a believer I used to be bored stiff after listen that type of stuff. It's talks like that, that finally got me to opened my eyes.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Count Slave-Ula..

Sounds reasonable to me!..

............................. ...OUTLAW

• Gayle
    Gayle

There are so many holes in between and within each segment of that list.

• agonus
    agonus

Wow. I mean, just, wow.

That right there might be the best example of OK, We Admit, Now We're Really, REALLY Just Plain Making Shit Up I've heard since... well, since the generation overlap.

I mean, this is like trying to build a particle accelerator out of Jell-O.

• agonus
    agonus

"Now is the time to show appreciation for “the faithful and discreet slave”" Yeah. Right. NOW is the time. Forget about all those other guys and those thousands of years of work. NOW is the time to show appreciation for the slave, headed by guys who probably don't even know a word of Greek or Hebrew.

• designs
    designs

Some People like to be led. Some Churches like to claim Apostolic Succession, others a Latter Day Saint or Prophet or a Pastor leading a Crusade.

I hope in all of the vanity they don't forget to roll up their sleeves and help out with real world problems like hunger, health, education, and the environment.

I met a nice young fellow this week whose group sets up wells and water purification in remote villages throughout the world.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

What is the History of the “faithful and discreet slave”?

Deut 29:29 = To the original faithful servant it was “revealed” the 10 commandments, mosaic law, first 5 books of Bible.

Rabbinic Judaism is based on the belief that at Mount SinaiMoses received directly from God the Torah (Pentateuch) as well as additional oral explanation of the revelation, the "oral law," that was transmitted by Moses to the people in oral form. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rabbinic_Judaism

Since you have put the word 'revealed' in quotation marks, this indicates to me that something is implied but not stated. Why would WT accept Moses as the slave when the first covenant we hear of in Genesis was with Abraham??? What was Abraham...chopped liver?

Could it be that WT will soon tell you that "angels" gave the law to Moses rather than "God" and rather than being "divinely inspired"?

quote:

Though God allowed the earlier Law to be given to Israel directly, according to Paul and 1 st century Jews, it was given through a mediator who was a powerful angel (with the help of many other angels).

Paul taught more on the role of angels in the giving of the Law of Moses than has been imagined by many students of the Bible. Entire sections of Paul’s teachings concern the role of angelic mediation (both in the early history of the world and the giving of the Law to Moses) concerning the conduct of individual peoples and nations in the 1 st century.

Yes, angels gave the earlier Law for Israel at Mount Sinai. It was common knowledge among the Jewish people in the 1 st century that the Law of God was presented to Moses by angels — and not directly by God himself. Josephus, the Jewish priest/historian of the 1 st century and an expert in Jewish beliefs at the time, said: “We have learned the noblest of our doctrines and the holiest of our laws from the ANGELS sent by God.” 1 When the evangelist Stephen rebuked the Jewish authorities in Jerusalem for going against the Law, he said they were those: “Who have received the Law by the disposition of ANGELS, and have not kept it” (Acts 7:53).

In Psalm 97:7 the word “gods” is Elohim and in Hebrews 1:6 Paul said it referred to angels.

http://www.askelm.com/essentials/ess003a.htm

--------------

I think WT calls their religion "progressive" because that gives them a loophole to change the spin at any time. Got to confuse and wow the audience with some new material to hold them. Ahhhh, the light gets brighter.

I think you will begin to see WT coming into mainstream as these ideas are beginning to become the new doctrine in other religious institutions.

....and later on they will also probably tell you that these angels "left their proper abode" to come and help mankind. The co-mingling of angels and humans raised our gene pool, blah, blah, blah. Next it will be angels "created" the homo sapiens of today by their genetic exchange. This was the quantum leap and the missing link.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit