How come people with the least means of supporting themselves ''Pioneer'' ?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Because they are made to feel guilty if they don't. The WT always has pep talks about how wonderful pioneer service is, along with doctored up assembly experiences of how Jehovah provides for those who put him first. It is drummed into their heads and the most susceptible fall victims to this type of indoctrination.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I guess when nothing's going for you, you've got to throw yourself into something; pioneering seems to be that something.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

There is a pioneer sister at my hall who works full-time in the medical field. Most of the pioneers at the halls I attended were housewives. And especially when you're raised in the truth, some parents expect their children to pioneer right out of high school without the needed job skills to support themselves. And like I thougt, about 19 years ago, that the new system was right around the corner so who needs a career. I'm paying the price of that mindset now.

• crapola
    crapola

Who knows! I have a nephew that pioneers and he can barely make his rent and car payments. In fact he could'nt if my 73 year old mother did'nt give him money each week and buy most of the gas! Makes me mad thinking about it. Of course trying to find a better job would completly destroy his schedule and when would he find time to pioneer?

• life is to short
    life is to short

The DO said at the last one day assembly in October 2009 that pioneering is the way to find a job. You just have to leap into it and Jehovah will give you everything you need.

My husband and I have fought over this since the day we were married. I was stupid and married at 24 with my husband being 41 years old. He had quit a fairly good job to pioneer and lived on nothing. I was so in love and he told me I just needed to have faith. More faith. Well Jehovah did not provide. We hardly had money for gas to go out in service and we lived in the country. So I got work, I worked two to three jobs while my husband worked hardly at all because he was also the only elder.

I thought that Jehovah would someday pick up the slack, never happened. I was mortified to learn that an older brother who had a ton of money had been giving us $50.00 a month. I felt we should work for it.

On the other hand all the sister and we had 10 pioneers who had husbands who worked and supported them would cram into my car not give me a cent for gas.

One pioneer couple bought a brand new car and parked it a block from the hall refused to use it in service because they did not want to get door dings on it. The sisters were always getting hair cuts new cloths, and dish washers. On and on, it was blah, blah, blah, Jehovah provides for me.

Here I was working two jobs pioneering did not have even enough money for a cup of coffee, and I would sit there watching these woman pork down and hamburgers and cokes. Then they went to the elders because I fell asleep in service from being over tired.

My husband well he told me I just needed to keep my blinders on. Consider the who was talking and that Jehovah did provide me with the $50.00. That I just needed more faith and if I did not work the money would come from somewhere.

Crazy.

LITS

• jacquicortez
    jacquicortez

most of all the pioneers at my kh were sisters who didnt work and husband's took care of them

most of them had husbands that were non-jw's. I hated the way they would bad mouth their

husbands. they always discouraged the younger sisters from pioneering. I think they didnt want

others to know that they werent doing anything special. whenever i would meet for service during

the week (when most pioneers are out everyone else is working) they always had some bible study

that only sister "so n so" could go on. or special return visits that required the help of another pioneer.

i think they were out shopping and eating... counting time. I would go to the mall and lo and behold

i would run into all the pioneers. shopping and preaching? very little door to door was done during the week

oh they saved that for the hard working rank and file. they would have to spend their only days off completing

territory. i used to think "why don't they get some of this done during the week?" they meet at the hall then

go their separate ways doing whatever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit