How come people with the least means of supporting themselves ''Pioneer'' ?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

My cousin told me last week that for the month of February she was ''Pioneering''. Here is a person who was divorced 2 years ago and had to move in with her mom because she can't afford to live on her own .She only works 4 days a week. She pays $600 every 2 months for health insurance because she is self-employed. Her ex-husband sent only 2 months of child support last year. She will spend extra money on gas and probably lunch for the whole month of February pioneering all for the WTS corporation.

Did you know someone in the similar situation?

• Gregor
    Gregor

Pioneering is a tempting way to "drop-out" for those who either have zero personal confidence or ambition in life and are drawn into the nun/priest persona because it's a safe place to hide from reality.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Believe it or not I remember the elders telling one "certified mentally ill" (as in she has been diagnosed but according to an Awake mag she read which said those kinds of meds are not good for you didn' take them) that instead of going to college part time and Pioneering (grown women with teenage daughter at the time) she should get a job, suppported her self I guess from child support and living with sis in law.

As much as I hate to admit it, I guess that's a score One for the Elders . . . .

• shamus100
    shamus100

Jehovahs wingnuts aren't really known for being responsible. If this was any other person, they're mom would be kicking their ass out the door if they did something so stupid in such a dire situation.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Well I remember in the spanish congregations they pioneer on welfare. I had one employee who would work for 6 months then get aid for 2 years. He said the aid equaled his salary so why work? He told me that when he quit. There are alot of pioneers on welfare in the spanish cong

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

I went through this. I graduated high school one year early. Of course I did not go to college. So, here you are, a recent college graduage with no skills, no money, no prospects. I pioneered because it was a way to do something "important" when you had no other prospects in life.

In retrospect it was ridiculous. Once I lived in an old office trailer, no heat/air conditioning, no plumbing, just 4 bare metal walls.

After a few years of this nonsense I woke up and got two jobs and then got into sales, which I was very good at. I never pioneered again.

• teel
    teel
    He said the aid equaled his salary so why work?

Bunch of freeloaders. They have no morals whatsoever. The Watchtower has completely overtaken that function for them.

• dozy
    dozy

In the UK it is fairly easy for some to work 16 hours a week , claim lots of benefits and pioneer - I know quite a few in that situation. My father complained to the CO at one time but was told that the WTBTS is more than happy with the arrangement.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I was talking about this with my wife. As we all know JW value works more than faith. In reality, I think this sends a message that by works you can buy your way into paradise or the new system.

Those with money can thus contribute more, those without have the option to pioneer and use that as a means to buy their way into the new system.

• anglise
    anglise

For most pios it is a further get out from real life with the added bonus of glory when the service meeting had an item

about "supporting your local pios" or similar.

Yep most pios that we knew played the social security system.

Worked just enough hours to qualify for all the benefits going and then pio'd the rest of the time.

(I am sure that most householders would be overjoyed to know that they are subsidising the JW door knockers!)

Anglise

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit