New generation definition....has the Society "jumped the shark"?

by sir82 26 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

SIR 82- Good thread. If anything I think the WT society hasn't just " jumped the shark " - they've exploded the whole damned shark to bits just like Roy Scheider did in the movie " Jaws ". This new generation teaching is so ludricrous and ridiculous that the WT society might as well go and change the definition of every OTHER word in the english language if they are going to change the real definition of " generation " too. It thoroughly disgusts me. My JW family will hear about this AFTER they study it in the WT study

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Why does the WTS continue to emphasize the need to be loyal to the WTS? It is because of such statements as the new definition of what the generation is. They demand that all jws accept whatever is said.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

I think they have jumped the shark so many times that it doesn't even matter what they do now.

• logic
    logic

I really think the society is going down . I had been in the organization all my life. I am 63. I keep up with the

literature now just to see the changes. What is going on now is beyond belief. The bible does not

even enter into these new ideas or what ever you want to call them. They are starting to sound

like the 'finished mystery book' . They are definitly trying to gain total control. In my opinion

they are working up to something big. Something like asking everyone to sell what they own

and go ministering throughout the world. They will use the example of Jesus when he sent out

his disciples. Of course what money you get you would send to the society. I know this sounds

stupid but everything they do now doesn't make sense either.

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

Personally, I think they jumped the shark with the whole 1975 silliness.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I thought they jumped the shark in 95 with the generation change from "those born 1914 or earlier" to "those who see the end". They've been floundering around ever since. This is the 3rd time they've changed the meaning of something that is easily straightforward in the last 15 years. After they went like 50 years or so without any changes.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Fred Franz would be Mork from Ork in this analogy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit