finding support

by notewe 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• notewe
    notewe

Still a newbie! First post I have ever made. But realizing I need to move on....and for the first time in my life admitting I need support (have always been the "strong" one). I have left of my own accord. But feel very alone. Does anyone know how to find support...someone to talk to? I am NOT full of hate for Jehovah's Witnesses. I just need to not feel like I am evil. Is there a way to find someone locally, to talk to discreetly?

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Welcome notewe. Adjusting to life outside of the WTS takes some time, especially if you were raised in it and everyone you ever knew is a JW. Where do you call home? Hopefully there is someone on this board nearby.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Welcome. Are you DF'd, DA'd or Faded? You don't have to hate them to move on. You do have to like yourself though. Posting here will be a big help. Getting it into words really is theraputic. Once people know where you're coming from they will have similar experiences to share. All the best. W.Once

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

You can check at meetup.com for exjws in your area. If you want to talk on the phone or via email, pm me. Click on my name and send a message. I've talked to several forum members on the phone, and we've had a great time.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

like jamie said, alot of us would love to talk to you! Just pm us...can you give us a hint

where ur from?

shelley

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

If you're in San Diego, I'm there...as are at least two other board members.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Hi and welcome to the forum, there are some very nice people here to talk to and discuss fading out of the WTS.

There are people here that are very knowledgeable about all things JWS and some well versed in theology.

By the way you shouldn't hate the JWS, for most part they are decent and caring people.

Who you should direct your anger and disgust to at this time it the corrupt religious publishing company that drives the organization.

So relax and both inform and express yourself, as well ask any questions that concerns you !

• yknot
    yknot

I agree with many above.......

Many of us would be willing to talk to you privately via JWN's PMs (especially since many of us are still 'in' and revealing our locations could be losing more than we are ready to lose)

I will pm you in a little bit......just click on the envelop by your alias in the right hand corner of the page.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Welcome, you will find many to support you here. I have been here only a month or so.

When i left, i was so convinced of my own evilness that my children almost lost their father. You are also welcome to PM me. I too am not full of hate, but i must say, i sure have some ill feelings toward the actual watchtower society based on the many things i have been researching.

again, welcome and i hope you find the support you need.

Oz

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Someone already mentioned ex-jw meetup. You can find a local group at Meetup.com.

I'm in Ventura County, California. If that is local to you, I'd be happy to meet you or organize a little meet-up. I've done a few before and they were very fun.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit