Another JW dies... (blood issue)

by xcellxior 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• xcellxior
    xcellxior

Horrible. Another life gone because of stupid ot biblical rules.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/refusing-blood-cost-jehovahrsquos-witness-her-life-1980879.html

Absolutely horrible... Perhaps more so because it is so close to home.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

It still knocks the wind out of me everytime I read a story like this.

So sad. So unnecessary.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I have been thinking lately that it would be a very interesting study (and report) to collect and catalogue all the sexual abuse and death-by-refusing blood cases within the WTS/JWs. It would probably be impossible to gather 100% of the stories as this has been going on for decades now, but I suspect the report would be massive.

To compile this would be an eye-opening physical illustration of just how bad this organization's policies are in these 2 types of instances.

I never understood the blood policy personally. I felt it contradicted the Bible at Leviticus 17:14:

14 For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall eat the blood of no manner of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eateth it shall be cut off.

While this scripture is basically saying don't eat blood, it is also saying that blood is the LIFE of ALL flesh. So if life is so precious, so sacred, to God, and if your 'life' (blood) is compromised or in short supply, should you not try to replenish it?

• cantleave
    cantleave

So sad, martyred for a book publishing company.

• moshe
    moshe

Just another ritual suicide sanctioned and promoted by the Watchtower org.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

You know, when this happesn to children I balme the parents and when this happens to adults I blame the adults, I do NOT blame the WT, know why?

Because people have the ability to research and find things out on their own, they could just as easy as we do, find out if the blood ban is scriptural or not, shit !!! they're freaking lives depend on it !!!

The fact that people in the JW's choose NOT to find out the truth, well, that is their problem.

Yeah, I still do blame the WT for coming up with that BS doctrine, but following it is the responsibility of the people.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

By the way xcellior, there are no rules in the OT against blood transfusions.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

There are no rules in the BIBLE (OT or NT) against blood transfusions, only against eating blood.....I still marvel that a transfusion is considered eating blood, but an organ transplant is not cannibalism...

• dinah
    dinah

Can you imagine how frustrated her doctors were?

Senseless, just senseless. The kicker is, if the WT reverses their stand on blood the outcry from people who already lost loved ones would be deafening. It's one doctrine they can't possibly change, the consequences would be huge for them.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    It's one doctrine they can't possibly change, the consequences would be huge for them.

And they should do what's right and take their lumps for misleading people all of these years. Of course, they won't do so due to their own self interest. Makes me wonder who's truly running this organization as it is certainly not run by Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit