A JW--Mormon Alliance? WT and LDS Merger?

by cameo-d 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

Well, that's sounds a bit far- fetched to me. There would be a mass exodus on both ends if that happened. That would be the final straw for me. I do know a former Witness who became Mormon. But, she was the type that made everybody say good riddance, they can have her.

• Violia
    Violia

This is a joke- right? I mean, there is a song with the verse " all along the Watchtower" - that does not mean that group has aligned forces with the wts. The WTS and the LDS have nothing of doctrine in common that I am aware of. They are not even kissing cousins.

And yeah , the coffee and booze would be definite deal breakers- unless they were consicence matters.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Cameo-d asked, "...Why would a Mormon based site use this quote as a 'slogan' on the home page: 'And in that day, all who are found Upon The Watchtower, or in other words, All mine Israel, shall be saved.'"

Perhaps you know, Cameo-d, that the "Book of Mormon" was first published in 1830. This was 48 years BEFORE Chuck Russell and his Bible-Beltin' Badboys got their start.

Perhaps you also know, Cameo-d, that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints have other "sacred books." For example, the Bible of Christendom. They also have a "sacred" book called THE DOCTRINE AND COVENANTS.

Doctrine & Covenants 101:12 - "And in that day all who are found upon the awatch-tower, or in other words, all mine Israel, shall be saved."

So your GREAT MYSTERY is at least partially solved - the reason WHY a Mormon site would quote that slogan is because it is part of their scripture.

...but please don't let facts interfere with your right to use your mind in any way you choose.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The Watchtowr is going to merge with BOB DYLAN! Pass it on!

All Along The Watchtower

"There must be some way out of here," said the joker to the thief,
    "There's too much confusion, I can't get no relief.
    Businessmen, they drink my wine, plowmen dig my earth,
    None of them along the line know what any of it is worth."

"No reason to get excited," the thief, he kindly spoke,
    "There are many here among us who feel that life is but a joke.
    But you and I, we've been through that, and this is not our fate,
    So let us not talk falsely now, the hour is getting late."

All along the watchtower, princes kept the view
    While all the women came and went, barefoot servants, too.

Outside in the distance a wildcat did growl,
    Two riders were approaching, the wind began to howl.

How much more plain does it have to be, man? Listen to the album! Listen to the album!

• Violia
    Violia

Nathan I would say you were cool, but that would give my age away. What is the new term, rad, boss?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Violia, I'm old enuff to be down with "cool." Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit