A JW--Mormon Alliance? WT and LDS Merger?

by cameo-d 25 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I don't see a merger happening unless they come to some agreement on drinking ... Bethel without beer .... NO WAY.

Rub a Dub

• Farkel
    Farkel

:Do they really have anything in common that links them?

Yes. They both know there's a sucker born every minute.

Farkel

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Now that I think about it, it could be a real cost savings measure for the Society.

To save money, they could make the CO's travel between congregations on a bike.

Rub a Dub

• steve2
    steve2

I wouldn't be too surprised if your perfectly reasonable questions about the seeming JW-Mormon alliance "offshoot" don't have reasonable answers. It's religion and that virtually means any kind of "reasoning" goes.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I see the real fight happening when they join ranks in the 'ministry'. Jw's without 'coffee' breaks? No way!

Jeff

• Gregor
    Gregor

You are right, Jeff. Giving up coffee and alcohol is a deal killer.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the LDS church could buy and sell the WTB&TS 20 times over.

• TD
    TD
    Why would a Mormon based website title itself "Upon the Watchtower"?

I don't know. Because they both like the book of Isaiah? Because the watchtower motif appeals to their respective self images?

Do they really have anything in common that links them?

Doctrinally, almost nothing. In the western U.S. the two groups fight like cats and dogs.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Just looks like another krazy to me. The content doesn't seem all that Witnessy.

• dissed
    dissed

I could see them working together on some international project, but never joining forces.

Unlike the JW's who claim they are not inspired, the LDS President of Church Prophet talks to JC and he talks back on a regular basis. The LDS don't need the JW's, they are loaded with money and are still growing as a church.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    I could see them working together on some international project, but never joining forces.
    Unlike the JW's who claim they are not inspired, the LDS President of Church Prophet talks to JC and he talks back on a regular basis. The LDS don't need the JW's, they are loaded with money and are still growing as a church.

Quite right. The Mormons know that allowing families to grow large, and allowing husbands to be major breadwinners without shame, means that they can have larger and larger tithes.

Even though the theology is loonier than Looney Tunes, they know what encourages fidelity and steady growth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit