Bipolar disorder

by LunaFing 21 Replies latest watchtower medical

• CandleLight
    CandleLight

Luna,

My friend was told the same thing by her mother, I was given the same from mine...Jehovah and Vitimans.. strange what a common reaction that is. Why vitimans?!

Just a few observations about Bi-polar.

Doctors dont really understand what is causing your pain. Their answer is Medicines(because that is the tool they have been given) to help treat the symptoms. The medicines CAN help. Some more that others. Kinda like putting a bandaid on a cut, (Doesnt cure it, but can protect the wound). There are some medicines that the doctors do not place most people diagnosed with bipolar on, because there seems to be intensify of the effect of the bi-polar that makes things worse. Such as anti-depressents and addictive medications. Usually this is discovered through trial and error... Which kinda stinks.

Your mom is giving you the only answers she has.. and inside its hard for you to hear, cause you know what she says isnt right. "going back" to the truth is far from what is going to give you peace, but that is what she has been told. I would be honest with her, and hopefully she will respect your wishes.

When bipolar, tries to tear you apart, it usually does so through triggered thoughts such as guilt, sorrow, feeling you have no one to trust, and feeling very alone. The lack of control and feeling manipulated can be very scarey and the fear takes over, and at that point fear consumes the mind. These things here, are not cured by medicine, but instead by Jesus and an understanding of his love for you, and the ability to feel the love of others around you.

Perhaps that is why meeting attendence, more service and study, do not 'cure' bipolar as they seem to teach. For the love is lacking and is replaced by a judgemental God, there is no demonstration of the love of Jesus, and very little love felt from the congregation, instead there is more guilt, that just adds to the fear, feeding the problem.

If you just need someone to listen, please call me. I will PM you my number.

Much Love

LeAnn

• Gregor
    Gregor

Bi-polar disorder is caused by a fluctuating chemical imbalance in the brain. It can vary in severity in individuals. Sometimes is triggered by stress. The manic phase is supposed to be an irresistable high. Some never really experience the opposite polarity, that is, deep depression. Those who do can be suicidal.

Religous fixation (such as a Messiah complex) is almost always a component of the manic phase. Those who are subject to a religous environment, such as JW's, are even more likely to resist treatment. They feel God like and can avoid sleep for days. They seem to need an audience to act out the mania. Those who think they can "talk them down" are really feeding the high.

They resist treatment because they are very happy to stay where they are on a high perch of self confidence, looking down on the poor little people (usually those who love them most) who just don't understand.

There is a very logical theory that Jesus Christ was Bi-polar. "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do" etc.

We have been dealing with a son who has been on this roller coaster for 16 years and is once again on an "up swing" as I write this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit