RECORDED...FROM THE HORSE'S MOUTH, THE GB SAYS APOSTATES HAVE NOTHING TO OFFER.

by whereami 33 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Why do they always claim that "apostates" should come up with an alternative religion to replace theirs, if we disagree?

Why should we? You do not have to know everything about everything, in order to see that something is just plain wrong..

Reminds me of a scene in "The Life of Brian"

The Crowd: Tell us! Tell us .

Brian: Look, you've got it all wrong! You don't NEED to follow ME, You don't NEED to follow ANYBODY! You've got to think for your selves! You're ALL individuals!
    The Crowd
    : Yes! We're all individuals!
    Brian: You're all different!
    The Crowd: Yes, we ARE all different!
    Man in crowd: I'm not...
    The Crowd: Sch!

• KingDavidwasframed
    KingDavidwasframed

Was not Jesus and his apostles considered apostates to the then controlling religious organization? Were those in religious control at that time not worried about how the "world" (namely the ruling Romans) would view them and hold them accountable if these "apostates" were allowed to continue? Now......when Jesus was tried by the world, did they really care as to their "apostate" views? In fact, they all wanted to avoid the whole situation. They didn't want to deal with the drama, but only to placate the masses did they get involved. Even to the point of releasing a murderer instead.

My point? Whether they are the "Slave Class" or not, their job would be to serve us, not judge us and carry out punishment. Was that not the job Jesus and God assigned to the superior authorities (namely Caesar)? Was it not Caesar that carried out the judging and punishment of God's son? So in effect, their position that they have taken (WTBTS) is one of Jesus (Spiritual judge) and the superior authorities (executioner). Pontius Pilate was a company man and just did what he thought would calm the masses. Jesus was tried (loosely) and proven to the superior authorities that he had no political ambitions (as charged). So in effect, the WTBTS is no different than the then ruling Jewish leaders of Jesus' day AND by enforcing the DF and shunning policy (along with the spreading of slander about the punished among the ranks which in effect is Spiritual assassination), they are taking a political stance as well and taking the position of Jesus' day Caesar and enforcing their judgement.

And where is this following that the apostates seek? Jesus had a following as an apostate YES. But He was Jesus! From what I have seen, Ray Franz did not try to start his own church. Neither have any here that I have seen. Yes, I suppose a few have over the 120+ years of the WTBTS, but in general, I am not seeing it.

Where else would we go? I really liked the flat tire analogy LOL. Why not go where the Christians of old went? They spoke together in small groups. They never had Kingdom Halls or rented 70,000 capacity stadiums. Small groups and small rooms. Funny, isn't the internet and sites like this essentially small rooms and groups? But apparently, if we don't listen to the cook, we are not "approved by YHWH" to speak about Him. That makes sense now doesn't it?

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i've been following this thread for days, good stuff

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

If you are in a burning house you get out, you do not wait until you know where else to go. His 'you do not replace what you are knocking down' is bs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit