OMG! My jw husband is going to celebrate Thanksgiving with me!

by doublelife 13 Replies latest jw friends

• doublelife
    doublelife

My husband just called me. He said that he's is leaving field service and is on his way home. I told him to bring something to eat but not anything too heavy. He said, "Why? Because WE'RE going over your aunt's house for Thanksgiving tonight?" So it's official. My jw husband is coming to Thanksgiving dinner with me!

• AdaMakawee
    AdaMakawee

Congratulations! Enjoy!

• flipper
    flipper

DOUBLELIFE- That is great news sis ! Right on ! You just never know these days how much some JW's are believing in the lie, and how much they ARE NOT believing ! I'm seeing compromises by my JW family as well ! And it gives me hope for 2010 coming up ! I bet this gives you some hope as well ! Have a great time at your aunt's ! Happy Thanksgiving ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• dearone
    dearone

That's probably because in the book study on Tuesday we learnt that if your conscience will permit you to attend a holiday function with your unbelieving mate thats between you and Jehovah. Of course we wouldn't engage in pagan rituals, but the food is not contaminated and it is o.k. to eat. We may even give a fine witness while doing so.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Good news to hear!

There was/still is a nut case in the KH I once attended who said that eating turkey on thanksgiving is taking part in demonism. What a jerk!

Even when we were good JDubs, my late wife or JW mother-in-law would make turkey even though technically we weren't celebrating Thanksgiving. And the whole JW family would come over. Fifteen people altogether. After dinner, my JW father-in-law would break out the moonshine. We already started on the beer before dinner. LOL Great memories of my past even though I was a JW who didn't know any better.

HappyDad

• Open mind
    Open mind

Enjoy!

• Gayle
    Gayle

Many, many years ago, I spent my Thanksgiving school vacation with a JW girlfriend. Her JW family 'always' went to her grandmother's house for Thanksgiving. So, of course, I had to go with them. I never told my parents as back then I feared my parents would have made issue about it for them. I think some JWs go to non-JW relatives for the Thanksgiving meal (they know it's not pagan) and just don't tell anyone.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Wow! That's wonderful!

Have a great thanksgiving!

• restrangled
    restrangled

Enjoy your day!

r.

• tiffy0212
    tiffy0212

Good for you. I am so happy he is going with you. I have spent all of my holidays alone without my husband. We are leaving for my son's house and he will not go. My children feel so bad. Give that man a big kiss and tell him how much you appreciate his coming with you. You are one lucky lady. Enjoy your day.

Tiffy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit