To you what was the Watchtower Socity's biggest lie ?

by The Almighty Homer 100 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• smiddy
    smiddy

For me a couple (their are a few more ) was the misquotations of sources supposedly verifying their point of veiw regarding (a) Jehovah God , in the" Life how did it get here "(evolution book) where they took Carl Sagans words out of context to validate their viewpoint.Quoting partially from someones statemements and ignoring the whole article,can give a totally distorted veiw of what was intended,see" Broccas Brain" by Carl Sagan Also the many references to the dangers of higher education. Again they only focused on the negative aspects ,and not focusing on the positive aspects of higher education which far outweighted the negative effects. (they highlight what they want you to know and ignore what they don t want you to know)

smiddy

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Thank you for all your comments and opinions, there certainly are indeed a lot of lies perpetrated by this organization,

that have unfortunately caused so much damage to peoples lives, one could really write a book on them all.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

So many to pick from, it's hard to know where to begin. But I think the lynchpin lie is the one where they claim to have this sort of directive from God...something about being a faithful and discreet slave that was picked by God to publish his NooLight to the world. All the doctrine spring from that lie, and everyone's belief of that lie.

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

What about the claim that they predicted World War One? Did they not actually predict that Armageddon would take place in 1914?

Bangalore

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

also their constant referring to "holy spirit this holy spirit that" like the holy spirit is like something on tap, active paedophiles being made up as elders is a direct result of the "holy spirit in action" or active known, repulsive homosexual was a former Bethel " Board of Directors" and later G/B member all the while involved in his sickening lust and abuse, his appointment from the Holy Spirit, or the opening prayer when these stupid,pampered old men out of touch with reality sent their own brothers to death/torture/kidnap etc , that prayer would have probably commenced with a request that the "holy spirit" be upon them. Lies lies and more lies to even suggest it.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

(In a creepy Ted Jaracz voice)

"I'm from the Watchtower and I'm here to help you!"

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Ted Jaracz said once while being interviewed by a journalist " That we don't go beyond what it is written in the bible ".

Funny I don't remember the bible say go spread falsehoods and try and sell them to the public.

Must have missed that scripture .

• jwfaith33
    jwfaith33

The biggest lie for me was that they Watchtower Organization pretends to love the sheep. I think they they love sheep in the same way wolves do, For Lunch!

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

Another important lie that is probably the most dangerous and damaging is the absolute ban on blood transfusions.

This ban alone incited people to commit suicide mostly by pulling out their specially made No Blood Cards at a hospital

all to the frustration by doctors that have been placed in their care.

This one lie alone has caused thousands to perish needlessly, a misunderstanding of a dietary law on the consumption of blood

and its spiritual significance in relation to god. Parents lost their children, children lost their parents, the fact that they have made this

mistake is acknowledged now by allowing all the fractions of blood separately a deliberate back tracking of sorts. A fair estimate of at least 100

members of the JWS die every year on this terrible lie, a lie that is irreversible due to mostly legal reasons .

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

I just thought of another ever present lie by the Watchtower Society/Corporation and that is the organization is a non-profiting

religious publishing house, the main and real reason why disingenuous and crooked men took it over was that it was already a house of money,

gravitated and created mostly by C T Russell, a publishing house that got most of its work done by (almost free labor ) and marketed to the public freely

by people. Now do you have some money to give to the organization so this important work can continue. ?

And people are surprised when they hear the WTS is worth over a billion Dollars $$$

Religion can truly put you closer to god and money...........Amen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit