Armagedden Suitcase

by Magwitch 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• nelly136
    nelly136

lol evera, thats very considerate of the mormons to stock their basements out for the after amagonnagettum jw house hunters/looters.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Speaking of the Mormons... (don't mean to hijack this...)

My cousin and her husband live in the hill country - in a new home that they bought recently. (Long story)

They are both Mormons.

Recently - while visiting with them, the husband starts talking about how he is planning to buy a gas generator and hook it up to the house to provide power in case of an electrical power failure.

He's talking about hours - or perhaps days - or even weeks - of powering his home.

I was curious... do the Mormons have some sort of 'doomsday' scenario that they have to prepare for? Something like 2012? I've never heard him talk like this in the past - only recently.

Regards,

Jim TX

• EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

Yes, the Mormons do have a doomsday scenario. They believe that a great apostacy is coming and a war between gentiles (that's all of us) and the believers (that's the Mormons) will erupt worldwide. So they quietly stockpile provisions, including guns and ammo since they are not pacifists.

By way of contrast, most evangelical Christians (Trinitarians) believe they will be taken off the planet (raptured, first resurrection, swept up, whatever you wish to call it) before the Great Tribulation begins, so they neither prepare for it or worry much about it.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Armageddon Luggage..

Has been going in and out of Style,for Decades..

Experts agree..

You should Look Good for Armageddon!

• peacedog
    peacedog

Great point by trueblue and blondie.

(Mark 13:14-16) 14 "However, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation standing where it ought not (let the reader use discernment), then let those in Ju·de´a begin fleeing to the mountains. 15 Let the man on the housetop not come down, nor go inside to take anything out of his house; 16 and let the man in the field not return to the things behind to pick up his outer garment.

The preparing of a suitcase is in direct violation of this scripture.

• rebel8
    rebel8

LOL and wow.

In the 70s and 80s (you know, the apocalyptic Grenada War!!) we had drills after book study. Whose house to hide at. Change clothes every hour to avoid recognition. Memorize each other's phone numbers and addresses so the Nazis couldn't find a written list.

Stash litter-ature in the walls, and don't tell your ubm so Saaatan can't use him/her against you. Learn which wild plants are edible so we could live in the woods. Figure out which woods we could hide in, because there'd be rape gangs.

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

rebel8 - are you serious????

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Ok...moving right along, so far we have:

1. alcohol

2. vicks vapour rub

3. handgun

4. literature

5. wine, and scotch

6. toothbrush

7. Enough Field Service Slips to last until we can get more printed in the Noo System

8. Mega-phones to let all non-Dubs know that they are 'goin' down' and goin' down fast

9. Empty bank bags so we can collect all the gold and silver that everyone's going to be throwing into the streets

10. A copy of The Purple Triangle so we've got something to watch while everyone around us drops dead for not reading the WT & Awake

11. gas generator (but I'm not carrying that, and since it's Jim_TX's idea, I say we him pack that to where ever we have to go.

12. Memorize each other's phone numbers and addresses so the Nazis couldn't find a written list. (so maybe at the practice for the new song book, maybe they could have some flash cards. to help with the memorization.

The preparing of a suitcase is in direct violation of this scripture <------so now what? do I pack a bag and not tell anyone? Do I not pack a bag at all?

lisa

• restrangled
    restrangled

You can pack anything you want, but the bathroom situation has always been my biggest worry.....

I'm a very private person.....and don't want to be going anywhere in public.

I'm pretty happy to stay just where I am if it comes down to it.......

We are on a septic system, so if all else fails, you can still flush a toilet with water......So....if all else fails, there is 30,000 gallons of pool water to get the job done.

If you need to go, when the world shuts down you can come stay with me!!!!

r.

• restrangled
    restrangled

Need some place to land when the big A hits?

I'm taking reservations.....(read previous post)

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit