Armagedden Suitcase

by Magwitch 63 Replies latest jw experiences

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Nelly; you and me ain't going to make it!

• Satanus
    Satanus

I have 2 gallons of water stashed. I've had it now, for a couple of yrs. For the yr 2000, i stocked up a bit. Got a whole bunch of spagetti, among other things. It went bad, after a yr or so. I also have a nice camp stove. I used it the other day, when the power went off for a couple of hours. Anyhow, if karmageddon really came, we apostates would be the first to be zapped. Kind of funny, the armageddon and angry god idea.

S

• nelly136
    nelly136

jook, i spent my childhood terrified i wouldnt, i've spent my adulthood relieved that i wont. :)

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

What I would like to know is: where are they A-geddon to?? Is there some gigantic real estate parcel where they were told to gather? As far as having an emergency kit in case I have to leave TEMPORARILY in case of a hurricane, that makes sense. But, a suitcase for Armageddon? I don't know if anybody remembers but I recall that Jews in Nazi Germany might have packed a small bag. Where did that get them - on a cattle car to the concentration camp? Anything they had was confiscated.

As an ex-JW who tends to be paranoid, I would be the last one to ever obey some directive to follow a group evacuation anywhere.

• Mary
    Mary

I've added to lisavegas' list:

1. alcohol

2. vicks vapour rub

3. handgun

4. literature

5. wine, and scotch

6. toothbrush

7. Enough Field Service Slips to last until we can get more printed in the Noo System

8. Mega-phones to let all non-Dubs know that they are 'goin' down' and goin' down fast

9. Empty bank bags so we can collect all the gold and silver that everyone's going to be throwing into the streets

10. A copy of The Purple Triangle so we've got something to watch while everyone around us drops dead for not reading the WT & Awake

• undercover
    undercover

Wasn't there an article in a Kingdom Ministry or sumthin that talked about being prepared for a natural disaster? It seemed innocent enough on the surface...typical FEMA instructions on what to have on hand.

But true to the cult mentality, the dubs read more into it (or did they?). Since then, many have taken to being prepared for the divine disaster, not a natural one.

• blondie
    blondie

So where does a suitcase and 5 minutes fit into this scripture:

(Mark 13:14-16) 14 "However, when YOU catch sight of the disgusting thing that causes desolation standing where it ought not (let the reader use discernment), then let those in Ju·de´a begin fleeing to the mountains. 15 Let the man on the housetop not come down, nor go inside to take anything out of his house; 16 and let the man in the field not return to the things behind to pick up his outer garment.

• nelly136
    nelly136

how long is armageddon supposed to last?

• EverAStudent
    EverAStudent

With all due respect, the Mormons are so much further ahead in this matter. Every Mormon home has a survival shelter in the basement stocked with one year of food and water and plenty of ammo. In Utah there are caves that house the genealogical records of the planet that are said to be able to survive the coming nuclear holocaust (they never want to forget!). And all you got is a suitcase?

• Satanus
    Satanus

Ya well, mormon is the right religion. So, it's only natural for them to be ahead.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit