wife took it pretty well i guess...it's over...

by oompa 110 Replies latest jw friends

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Oompa, I am so sorry for your losses in this situation. It is a tragedy to lose a long time relationship, but at times necessary in order to have a future of your own making. I hope this loss turns into a much more peaceful and rewarding future for you.

Jean

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

sorry to hear that. My parents are coming next month from mexico and they expect to go with me to the meeting...little do they know i dont go anymore, I wanted to break the news but apparently they are bringing one of the families they are studyin the WT books with.

So my turn is coming pretty soon :-)

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Sorry to hear about your suffering, Oompa. Hang in there.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Okay, here I go out on a limb again...but...

Oompa, I have followed your story since you first began posting. You are, like many people who nakedly share their flaws and problems here, a likeable, sympathetic guy.

But, I'm a little dissapointed to see so many posts here from those who feel you have been a victim of the JW experience. Bullshit. You are a victim of primarily, you're own weaknesses. Having your life mixed into the whole JW experience has certainly added a lot of complications but it seems you have failed to meet your challenge on any level.

Crawling into a bottle is a sure way to destroy the credibility of any opinions you have about anything, religion being at the top of the list. On top of that, you poor guy, you have tried to play the JW game! My concern for you is that you are on the brink of a horrible step. You are about to accept the verdict that you are a loser. This leads to more self destructive behaviour if not suicide, which you have spoken of here in the past. BULLSHIT! Pull up your socks and grab your cock! Do something good for yourself and when you feel right try to establish a relationship with your children. The sooner you start the better.

• oompa
    oompa

Gregor...you don't keep up very well my friend...and you do not have a clue.........oompa

i have met challenges on levels you may have never even dreamed of...i feel sorry for you gregor

and how you could read my post and conclude i am about to become a loser is astonishing....a total lack of reading comprehension

i grab my cock whenever i feel like, and enjoy such freedom now as to not even need socks...as to my kids, you also are clueless...good relationship with one....fantastic with the other....are you even on the right board?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

OOMPA

recaiming your life is a positive. You HAVE come a loing way. There needs to a time for grieving the losses so there will be a "looking back" time. And like many of our issues it will come in layers - one pice at a time.

I left my second husband in 2004. You experience of feeling calm while talking to your wife mirrors my experience. No anger, some tears, and aome degree of closer. Even though I didn't know where I was going I knew it would be better simply because I no longer had to live a lie.

Take good care of yourself

Lee

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Oompa, I'm sorry it came to that for you, but I'm glad you're finding your way out. Three years of living that way is tough! Live through the emotional part a day at a time, lean on your supporters when you need us, and walk the road to recovery. Rely on us, not the bottle.

...she agreed since she would only want a worshiper of jehovah...

Well, admitting that is a big step. It can help bring things to a conclusion sooner and with less drama than when one person is in denial. It sounds like you're both ready to move on.

Godspeed, Oompah!

GLT

• compound complex
    compound complex

So very sorry, Oompa. You're the best place to be now, here on the forum.

"It" eventually got better for me, but I didn't realize it ever could when I was where you are now.

Don't give up.

Love,

CoCo

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Oompa, I don't know if you remember our telephone conversation some months ago, because you weren't yourself, shall we say. But after reading all of your posts and having that conversation, I know you are a great guy. You deserve to be happy and have freedom of speech and thought. Your larger than life personality can't be contained.

So go ahead and cry for the loss of your marriage, parents and jw friends, and we will mourn with you. But the sun will come up tomorrow, and you will have new opportunities for life and love. But this time it will be the authentic you enjoying it, and we'll be here to share your new life with you. Good luck, and God speed, dear heart.

• WhereWasI
    WhereWasI

Oompa, This to shall pass, I feel for you.

WhereWasI

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit