I'm getting my cat today:)

by Newborn 28 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm happy for you, Newborn.

Sylvia

• JWoods
    JWoods

Mine came up to the back door at night and whined for 3 days while Mai was gone. Turns out (we think) that she was dumped in front of my house because we live on a greenbelt and people have a habit of dumping the unwanted there.

She had been hiding during the day under a decorative bridge I have between the goldfish ponds (no goldfish, though, to keep her fed).

I gave her some smoked salmon with caper berries - closest thing I had to something like cat food.

The vet thinks she was about 6 months old when I got her and is probably very close to being an authentic Norwegian forest cat - white face and paws with the long-haired charcoal grey back patch and tail, green eyes.

Mai pretty much took her over after not liking the idea for a couple of days, we have had her for about 5-6 years now.

I was brought up to hate cats, but this has been a great experience after Mai previously had the messy, noisy, constantly nipping and yapping mexican Chiuaua dog.

• Newborn
    Newborn

Mr. Majestic and Fokyc,

I'm glad to see you're still the same bad guys you've always been, hehe

Fokyc,

Turned out he wasn't Mr Right after all. However, he's still the best guy I've met so far, but not best for me. I know I was too fast this time again. When will I ever learn???

• Newborn
    Newborn

Thanks Sylvia

• Newborn
    Newborn

JWoods

Thanks for your lovely story

• snowbird
  • JWoods
    JWoods
    Thanks for your lovely story

Welcome. I did check with rescue shelter for a while to see if she had run away (no tags) as like the vet said, she is probably close to being a pure breed and had already been neutered. Figured somebody might want her back in that situation.

Nobody came forward - the animal shelter lady told me that strangely enough, many well-bred dogs and cats show up there. Not just mutts. Sure enought, while we are talking, a girl brings in a perfectly bred elegant Siamese male that had been running around in their neighborhood for weeks. Seems like some people with more money than brains (and impetuous first time owners) will buy an expensive breed, then realize they can't handle it, and it is the old drop them off into the green belt time.

Li - Li the cat is still very scared of cars and paper sacks. Maybe she had a bad experience with both?

• Newborn
    Newborn

Dear Sylvia,

Oh no, that's too sad. Let's hope she'll find her way back to you. Keep me posted. Do you have a pic now of her?

Yes JWoods, it's unfortunate how some people treats their animals. Happy we can help some though

• snowbird
    snowbird
    Do you have a pic now of her?

Yes, we've got some.

Sylvia

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

I thought you had found Mr Right!

She ain’t found Mr Right because she ain’t found Mr. Majestic.

A bit like the trinity; we are one and the same…… and there’s enough of me for everybody…..

I know I was too fast this time again.

I must confess I've never had that problem.......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit