Will Michael Jacksons Mom be DF'd ???

by tresdecu 44 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK

Allow me to properly rephrase your question.

Is the WTS interested in paradise eternal, or are they interested in money?

• jay-jay-
    jay-jay-

Hi Blondie,

Soooooooooooooo, are we to assume, Joe Jackson and Katherine Jackson are NOT really separated then, for 10 years, because of that statement from Katherine?

And further, should we assume they are NOT really living in separate states, under separate roofs?

And no matter about their separation, we must continue to say, "their marriage is still strong", because she said so ... right???

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.

This means Blondie, Jehovah's Witnesses around the world can continue say with a clear conscience, Katherine is still following her husband's "headship" dictates and wishes here, in allowing a "Christmas" celebration at her house for Michael's children, as her daughter announced in the news. A "celebration" that Katherine Jackson is reported to have said in the news, she will be voluntarily participating in, is that right? That way, Jehovah's Witnesses are in the clear? No reproach on the JW Organization here, in this instance.

Blondie, you believe, in Katherine Jackson's mind, Joe Jackson is still the "head" of her household, and he controls what goes on under her roof, even though he lives in another state, for the last 10 years???

Is that right, Blondie?

JJ

• blondie
    blondie

It only matters what the elders in her congregation think.......................

• JWoods
    JWoods
    It only matters what the elders in her congregation think.......................

Yes, and here we go back to the basic principle - the JW rules are far different for the rich and famous than they are for the homeless poor.

• jay-jay-
    jay-jay-

You are soooooooooooooooooo right. When you think about it, it just makes you mad as fire.

Amen, Brother Woods!!!

JJ

• journey-on
    journey-on

We don't know what she is thinking right now...as the mother of a son she loved deeply and a grandmother that has the weight of the world on her shoulders dealing with the heartache and uprooting of these precious children, she may just not care what the Watchtower Society thinks and does right now. Perhaps she has had an epiphany!

• RR
    RR
    Will Michael Jacksons Mom be DF'd ???

Who cares, really???

• cognac
    cognac

Blondie - Arn't they separated? I don't know how she can claim the headship thing if they are separated. I think that's stretching it a bit...

• cognac
    cognac

Scratch my post - I didn't see page 2 and madmary addressed what I thought...

• blondie
    blondie

I don't believe that they are legally separated, just living under different roofs. She considers him still her husband legally.

Just a question, if a brother moves away to work in another country (separation), does the WTS still consider him responsible for taking care of his family? I think so.

w96 10/1 p. 30 ‘Providing for One’s Household’—Meeting the Challenge in Developing Lands ***

Of course, when economic conditions are severe, a parent may have no other way to provide for his family than to seek distant employment. In Bible times the sons of Jacob evidently had to leave their families behind in order to obtain provisions in Egypt. (Genesis 42:1-5) So when similar situations arise today, family heads must weigh whatever material benefits a distant job might bring against the spiritual and emotional damage of a long separation. Many families prefer to endure economic hardship rather than to separate for a lengthy period of time. They bear in mind Paul’s words found at 1 Timothy 6:8: "Having sustenance and covering, we shall be content with these things."—Compare Proverbs 15:17.

Don't confuse the legal term "separation" with a married couple living apart.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit